Gray Nissan Pathy
By Daytona on
1995 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD
After my 2004 Ranger 4wd stepside was totaled by a bread truck while parked on the side of the road, I needed a vehicle asap and ran into a private owner that wanted to get rid of his 1995 4wd Nissan Pathfinder LE. Bought it with 145,000 and in good shape. It did need some TLC, other than that it has been an AMAZING purchase. Taken it camping, snow boarding and road trips. When I first got it, it only got 14mpg :( But after giving it a good tune up, swapping all fluids (diffs,transfer case etc.) to synthetic and newer exhaust I now get 20mpg :) It's a SOLID well built chassis, with some decent lux items,decent driver feed back and solid braking. A/C and heater works great!! Great SUV!!
Favorite Features
Heated mirrors, heat seats, and a decent older auto-climate set up. Fold down seat rear cabin space. Easy roof rack set-up. Capable 4wd set up with Limited Slip Diffs.
Suggested Improvements
Heavy SUV for it size (I weighed it in @ 4300 GVW! at a truck scale) Headlights have a poor light spread, the factory driving lights give better lighting! Characteristic Nissan road noise in cabin. They never use enough sound deadening material even in there newer vehicles. Saves on cost I guess ;)