1995 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Awesome!!

1995 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

By UnCwTwIn on

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Pathfinder in 07/99 with about 65K miles. With over 200K miles as of 07/07, it's still going and runs as great as the day I got it! The engine refuses to give me any problems! I love this vehicle because it fits well with any lifestyle and looks good at any occasion. There is one small spot where the paint is fading on the hood, but otherwise, the exterior paint is still in remarkably good condition. Transmission was replaced (wouldn't shift to reverse) in '04 and front axle was replaced in early '07. Otherwise, no major issues whatsoever. I've put very little money into upkeep. Regular oil changes, limiting off-road use, and taking it easy on the gas pedal worked for me!

Rugged looks. Tough exterior. Very reliable engine. Low maintenance. Lots of cargo room. Spacious interior. Gold exterior color and boxy shape hide dents, scratches, and dirt very well.

Poor acceleration (automatic). Gas pedal sometimes sticks at take off. Running A/C makes vehicle "jump" ahead when stopped (be careful in bumper-to-bumper traffic). Major blind spots when in reverse or when changing lanes. Poor gas mileage. Road/wind noise. Brakes wear quickly.