Used 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

One Solid Truck
By CarOwner

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is one great truck. Its a little small on the inside but the comfort level is great. I bought it with 90K. I owned it for over 2 years and 15,000 more miles and never had to do one maintenance job. Just be good with your oil changes and it will treat you great!

Favorite Features

Heated Leather! Adjustable height seat.

Suggested Improvements

The 3.0 V6 is underpowered but gets OK mileage.

Still going....
By sidny27

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Had a long review written, but the system said it was too long (despite what the character box said), then it all deleted. Basically, original owner, just turned 100,000. Still love to drive this car. Did have a problem with the exhaust manifold, also a recent computer glitch that the dealer can't find a reason for and has to reset. Turns like an 18-wheeler. I live in a hilly area with snowy winters and have NEVER been stranded. Great peace of mind with a family. Also, my wife is small and this was the only SUV we looked at that she could drive comfortably. Wish Nissan would go back to this style, don't like the new PFs as much.

Favorite Features

With all the mega-SUVs out there now, I appreciate the simple and effective style of this car even more. I bought this car new based on positive maintenance and consumer ratings against its contemporaries and haven't been disappointed. Special props to Nissan dealership, great service.

Suggested Improvements

Guess this is moot with a 9 year old car. Dealer says that exhaust manifold problem wasn't uncommon. Better turn radius.

95 Pathfinder is dependable
By bill7

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owed my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder for just over 9 years. I have owed 7 different brand vehicles (BMW, SAAB, Toyota, Chevy, GMC, Mazda, and Ford) and it, by far, has been the best quality and dependable vehicle I have owed (a close second was the Toyota owned). I intend to drive it until it stops, which by the way it is running, will be a while.

Favorite Features

Quality of engine

Suggested Improvements

interior is plain and plastic like (but fairly typical for SUV's in mid- 90s)

takes a licken'...
By akhenax

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall good experience with my Pathfinder. A few problems every now and then, but then again, it's almost 10 years old. Very reliable. I'm envious of other performers however; not enough horsepower for hills when I'm trying to maintain speed. It also drinks gas like water.

Favorite Features

It's a pathfinder.

Suggested Improvements

mods!

Completely Sastisfied Customer
By stl1adh

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I just sold my '95 Pathfinder and I was so please with it's reliability and performance that I went ahead and purchased a 2003 Pathfinder. I NEVER had to have work done, except your normal maintenance. In the years that I owned it, it didn't start up only 1 time and that was due to an original battery that had died! It was a pleasure to own and I am now a Nissan driver for life!

Favorite Features

Reliability, 4WD, reliability and did I say reliability?

Suggested Improvements

CUP HOLDERS and MORE POWER!!!