Used 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Top Shelf Quality
By Gregg

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I can't say enough good things about my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. I love the classic styling, although some say it's boxy I don't care. The back doors are too small, but the seating is comforable. The rear seats recline and I love that! If you are looking for a reliable inexpensive SUV look no further, its right here. Forget about Chevrolet Blazers and Ford Explorers. They don't hold a candle to the Pathfinder.

The heated leather seats, reclinable rear seats, 4x4, adjustable ride stiffness. Luxury at an affordable price!

The rear tire holder is very hard to open. Put it underneath the truck where it belongs. I believe they have on the newer ones.

Best reliability of any make
By Jamison

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my second Pathfinder, I had a '93 prior to this truck. I purchased my second because of the first's excellent dependability. I put 50,000 miles on the '93 model, and 110,000 on the '95, and the only repairs that I had to make were normal ones, like brakes, tires, belts, etc. i did have the exhaust manifold leak on both, it was repaired once under warranty. This truck is great off road with its limited slip differential, great seats, and is very cheap to own. Aside from the lack of power, and poor fuel economy, it was a great vehicle. I almost bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee instead because I wanted more HP, but didn't dare because of the poor reliability, and I made the right choice.

Heated leather, reliability, good lights, offroad prowess.

Underpowered (now improved) poor fuel economy (now improved)

Nissan quality rules!
By bluek9

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1995Nissan Pathfinder as a second vehicle to haul my dogs. It is roomy enough for two with seats down. it is a good, tough, reliable truck. I baby it but am first putting on normal mileage after seven years of less than normal miles. At 38,000 miles I replaced poor General Inc tires (OEM). Those tires were terrible. I replaced them with Michelin All Terrain & I love 'em. At 55,000 miles (eight years old) I replaced the front brakes, rotors, calipers & boots. This was not a big deal considering the mileage & age fo the truck. At 63,000 miles (nine years old) I replaced the alternator (expensive...$300 just for parts). Despite this normal maintenance, I am very satisfied with its toughness & durability. it is a good value.

Do the normal maintenahce (filters, oil, plugs, tire rotation, waxing, etc.) and it will wear like a good pair of Levi's, though not quite as comfortable in the seats. Plan on getting 300,000 miles and 12-15 years out it. Today mine is about nine years old and I do not have any sign of body rust living in Mid-Atlantic.

Suggestions: New placement of cup holders, shortened reach to radio, dislike having to reverse in order to unlock hubs in snow, inaccessability of replacement spark plugs. It's buried deep & against the fire wall. These are not show stoppers though. All in all no I do not have any regrets with it.

Nice truck.
By davidscott

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

My first truck. Previously drove sportscars (RX-7, Scirocco, CRX, Talon AWD) and an Outback. The Pathfinder is a capable off and on road performer. Handles like a truck - heavy and sluggish (expected). Still fun to drive especially off road. Good in the snow. Lots of room and decent towing power. Raised rear "theatre" seating is great for smaller passengers.

Rear seats. Cargo capacity. Tough V6 engine sound. 5 speed transmission. Fairly easy to work on myself. "Bulletproof" engine. Good overall size.

Very poor mileage. Very poor turning radius. Poor rear visibility. Spare tire gate siezes up, also interferes with towing - should be mounted underneath. Rusts easily especially undercarriage. Could use more power and less weight.

Overall great car...
By suel99

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car new in 1995 and still like it. Very reliable. Replaced tires at 48K. Replaced brakes for the first time at 60K. Easy to drive and park since it's not too large.

Great stock sound system, though it's just radio and cassette. (CD players weren't a stock feature then as they are now)

More power & better gas mileage...feels a bit heavy. Better cup holders...they are under the cover of the center console. Hopefully this small feature has improved in newer models. More space in back seat. I can only fit two kids carseats back there...the rear wheels are in the way.