Used 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Nissan
By ANNETTE

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I Have had my pathfinder since day one, and it is so hard for me to give it up now, I have had "NO PROBLEMS" with it, I have over 175,000 miles and still going, I added the remote start to it and changed the radio to have a cd player,i am in the process of selling it and the trust is in excellent shape for being over 10 yrs old. inside and out, I wish that nissan kept the same body style but they changed it. I recommend Nissan. I had this truck in service just about every 3K miles and can say that is why i have had no problems with it.

Driving in snow, it is great! and of course the rmote start!

None

1995 Nissan 4 WD XE SUV
By 1995 4WD XE SUV

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased in 1996 with only 25,000 miles (prior rental). After reading most the reviews I now feel I was one of the few who bought a lemon. Unfortunately I have one frustrating problem after another with expensive repair bills. Transmission replaced 2 times! Many electrical problems. Trouble starting in hot weather. Dash warning lights stay on after replacing alternator $300. Don't feel stable around corners sometimes feel car will tip. Spare tire inside takes up a lot of cargo space. No functional drink holders. Spring loaded rear door crashes on your head unless you hold it up. I really like they style of the pathfinder and am wondering if newer ones have fewer mechanical problems?

Feels very roomy (4Runner feels cramped up front) and nice interior up front. Drives through snow & ice well with good snow tires. 4WD reliable. Nice body style. Nice dash with very appealable smooth lines on dash not boxy interior dash like some SUVs.

Locate spare tire underneath like 4RNR for more cargo space. Add A/C to rear seating area. More small storage compartments. Better gas mileage. Storage for purse up front. Switch radio/CD with heater/AC panel so its easier to reach. Dash cup holders front & rear. Comfortable rear seating

Rust rust rust
By WILLIAM KORN

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall ok except for fuel consumption (16-17 mpg max) and body rust, brake wear

Fun to drive

Efficiency, rust prevention

Hand-me-down
By Brandi

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I got my Pathfinder from my mother, it was her 2nd and she's currently on her 3rd, when my Ford completely broke down. I absolutely love this car! My parents drove it for 5 years before I got it. I love the way it looks and drives, very tough. I have only had a couple problems with it, had to get the transmissiong rebuilt, new wiring harness for the mass airflow sensor, and my tach doesn't work, some sensor is out. I also have some funny things happen in cold weather, the door locks start locking whenever they want. Nothing else too major. I have put like 38,001 miles on it since I got it and it's still awesome!

The rugged look and how fun it is to drive. I also love how tall I sit in it and the fact that I can see over most cars. Also, not too big. Great for towing!

Interior is plain and the light gray gets dirty fast and the cupholders suck.

Drove4ever
By LUVMYPATHFINDER

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV was given to me by my father and I love it. I have had it since 1998 and it currently has 138,000 miles and still rolling strong. Snow is never a problem and the highway is a great cruise. Changed the stereo needed a cd player and did some minor work like brakes, tires, oil changes, tune-ups, but nothing major. Gas milage could be better since I drive it to work and it only gets 15 miles/gallon but If you need a work horse this is your car. I expect it to get me to 200,000 miles easy.

4X4, reliability, sound system

better horsepower, move cup holder, better gas milage