1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Most Reliable 4X4 built !
By 95pathisgreat on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck used in 97 with 30K on it. I have never had any problems with it! I mean none, other than brakes, tires I have had no problems. It's not the fastest out there but who needs speeding tickets. Drives great on the highway at 70mph. If you want a great 4X4 that won't give you headaches this is the one to buy.

the true SUV
By tedlyXE on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

The best SUV I've ever owned. It has its own spirit. Fun to drive good on gas, worth every penny. Much better choice than Toyota or Jeep. Two thumbs up !!!

Great Car - No Trouble
By presto on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a great car - put 150K miles on it so far. The only problems I have had is: replace speedometer. Wish it was a little better on gas though.

Most Reliable Truck ever owned
By 95SEPATHFIDER on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my 95 SE Pathfinder for over 4 years, and have not had any problems AT ALL (knock wood) since purchased. It's not the fastest out there, but the ride is good up to 75 mph. I want to buy a new SUV but can't justify it (buying). This (95) was the Last year before the major changes, so this is a tried and true truck, with a 10 + reliability rating!

owned pathfinder
By janicecarter on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

first pathfinder owned, over 200000 miles with only one major problem, five speed transmission, bearing failure, exhaust manifold to head gasket failure, broken stud in manifold to head,constant squeak somewhere in suspension

Very Dependable - My second Pathfinder
By Stile on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 (Also had a '90 model). I have put about 75,000 miles on it in and have had VERY few, minor problems (burst radiator hose, etc.). Many people complain about bad gas mileage and excessive brake wear. However, if that's your main concern, I would suggest that you not purchase an SUV of any make. The excess weight is to blame, and is unfortunately unavoidable.

Reliable Ride
By extreme_rnd on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

This is the 4th new vehicle I've had, and it has been the best! I agree that you can get a lemon from any make, I have leased a Nissan Quest which turned out to be a lemon (promptly returned). This car has seen a wrench only once in 7 years (brake pads), and has aged gracefully despite my harsh pounding.

ambivalent
By ambivalent on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

the car is fun to drive and handles great. mine had a host of problems almost immediately after the warranty expired , no speedometer/odometer, transmission failure at 90,000 miles, new brakes (not pads) three times already as well as shocks. this car has primarily been used for highway driving. probably won't buy another Nissan pathfinder at least. oh, and it can't tow anything.

not applicable
By JACQUES NEREE on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

All these kind of NISSAN model have the same particular of major problems. There are two major design problem that customers kept encounter on: First is in the manifold (main muffler separated between engine) This type of problems can cost us a fortune to be fix. The second problem is THE TRANSMISSION because of the overheated TRANS. OIL which could put a big hole on consumer products faulty of bad design.

Awesomely reliable
By xepathfinder on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

96000 trouble free miles, never sees a garage except for oil changes. Could not ask for a better machine, great in the snow, really decent on the highway. Very comfortable for even 1000 miles trips.