1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Frame Rust!
By Mike on 05/20/07 17:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I would have only good things to say about this vehicle, except it has a horrible problem with rust. It was bought in the NE and supposedly undercoated, but I can no longer get the car inspected, and can find no body shop willing to weld the rusted out frame. I have to scrap an otherwise perfectly good and well maintained car. Too bad, I love the style, the sportiness, and the design, but I'll never buy another Nissan rust bucket.

It still rides
By tonio on 03/13/07 10:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my truck. When I drive other cars, sure I love the zippiness of them, but when I get back in my truck, I love the feel of being in command of a ...truck. I feel right with the world. I have 209,000 miles on my truck.

95 Pathfinder 4x4 SE
By Dueydog on 01/09/07 23:05 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned 9 Toyota's, 4 Land Cruisers, 3 4Runners, 4x4 Truck and Supra. And while this is not as extremely overbuilt like the Cruisers, it is a better balance of off road and on road driving.

always starts
By Nissanairman on 09/11/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I had this truck for two years and I loved every minute of it. I was always reliable and no matter what I did to it, it always started. As long as it was taken care of. Really fun to offroad with.

Just bought it but i love it already!
By Nicole on 02/10/06 13:57 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought my pathfinder two days ago it has a little over two hundred and ten thousand miles on it. I work at a car dealership and they tell me the car is in excellent shape, its a 5speed manual, it shifts and drives great! the only thing it needs is one brake calipor and the cv joints in the front. But overall this car is a perfect 10! If you want a great truck that is dependable no matter how many miles you have on it this is the truck for you! I know I really love it, and i'll be sure to reccomend it to anoyone!

Nissan
By ANNETTE on 01/24/06 14:34 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I Have had my pathfinder since day one, and it is so hard for me to give it up now, I have had "NO PROBLEMS" with it, I have over 175,000 miles and still going, I added the remote start to it and changed the radio to have a cd player,i am in the process of selling it and the trust is in excellent shape for being over 10 yrs old. inside and out, I wish that nissan kept the same body style but they changed it. I recommend Nissan. I had this truck in service just about every 3K miles and can say that is why i have had no problems with it.

1995 Nissan 4 WD XE SUV
By 1995 4WD XE SUV on 10/08/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased in 1996 with only 25,000 miles (prior rental). After reading most the reviews I now feel I was one of the few who bought a lemon. Unfortunately I have one frustrating problem after another with expensive repair bills. Transmission replaced 2 times! Many electrical problems. Trouble starting in hot weather. Dash warning lights stay on after replacing alternator $300. Don't feel stable around corners sometimes feel car will tip. Spare tire inside takes up a lot of cargo space. No functional drink holders. Spring loaded rear door crashes on your head unless you hold it up. I really like they style of the pathfinder and am wondering if newer ones have fewer mechanical problems?

Rust rust rust
By WILLIAM KORN on 09/12/05 18:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall ok except for fuel consumption (16-17 mpg max) and body rust, brake wear

Hand-me-down
By Brandi on 03/03/05 20:34 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I got my Pathfinder from my mother, it was her 2nd and she's currently on her 3rd, when my Ford completely broke down. I absolutely love this car! My parents drove it for 5 years before I got it. I love the way it looks and drives, very tough. I have only had a couple problems with it, had to get the transmissiong rebuilt, new wiring harness for the mass airflow sensor, and my tach doesn't work, some sensor is out. I also have some funny things happen in cold weather, the door locks start locking whenever they want. Nothing else too major. I have put like 38,001 miles on it since I got it and it's still awesome!

Drove4ever
By LUVMYPATHFINDER on 03/02/05 20:08 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV was given to me by my father and I love it. I have had it since 1998 and it currently has 138,000 miles and still rolling strong. Snow is never a problem and the highway is a great cruise. Changed the stereo needed a cd player and did some minor work like brakes, tires, oil changes, tune-ups, but nothing major. Gas milage could be better since I drive it to work and it only gets 15 miles/gallon but If you need a work horse this is your car. I expect it to get me to 200,000 miles easy.