1995 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4WD
By cwade on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Just purchased my 95 pathy a few months ago. Since then, I've replaced all plugs and plug cables, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, engine wiring harness (frayed wires to injectors), thermostat, a tension rod (front left broke from rust), O2 sensor, and now just found that the front right CV boot is cracked and the other is on the way. I've been turning a blind eye to the major rust on the frame. The list will never end with this truck (yours may be better). If you live in a 4 seasons kind of area (I'm in MN), I'd look for a newer model. If it weren't for the fact that I have to drive this, I'd take it back. Surprisingly, the interior is great- all the lights work, windows, etc.

Great All Around
By hikeit on 05/04/10 19:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is great to drive everywhere. From camping, to around town, to snowboarding, and on the interstate. After 220k miles she still loves to get up and go. I have (and recommend) a 5 speed, which helps with the hills and gaining speed. This was my first Nissan, and I have been impressed so far. I bought it after reading comments on this sight and have not been disappointed. Mine has not had the rust problems mentioned elsewhere, so I guess I got lucky. I gave it a tune up, new Michelin m/s all season tires and keep the oil changed. This vehicle rocks in snow. Nothing seemed to stop the four wheel drive. Great for hauling kids, camping gear, and stuff from home depot.

95 Nissan pathfinder SE
By truck hunter on 03/13/10 12:19 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck in really rough condition as my first vehicle. The exhaust leaks, the frame is rusted, the suspension is shot. But this has to be the most reliable vehicle i've ever seen! in -10 degree weather it would start right up, and plow through 3 foot snow banks in 4WD L like they weren't even there. I've never had a problem getting it started, or getting it out of rough conditions. I even used it to tow my dads huge Dodge ram 1500 back when his tranny blew. I really love my "screaming metal death trap" as I call it. weather going 65 down the highway or crawling through snow and mud, this truck gets the job done!

End of a Legend
By tonio on 02/26/09 22:34 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I wrote the same review dated 03/13/07, and just wanted to give an update. The frame rusts/rots on these vehicles. Be careful when looking for one. Check the frame behind the fuel tank. Also check under the rear seats (lift them up and check for rust). 94 models may not have this problem, as the frames are made from a different source, however this year model (1995) are prone to frame rot. In 2007 I had very little rust, when I wrote the previous review. In 2008, lots of rust, and my rear bumper, along with fuel tank wanted to leave without me. I am decreasing build quality, down to a 1.

G R E A T Car!
By aak on 11/17/08 16:40 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my fourth Pathfinder. Purchased in 2004, with aprx 85K miles on it. Currently has aprx 150K, and going strong. No major problems, just normal/routine maintenance. Love the car, but selling to get a newer one. Gas mileage is OK for an older SUV. Nice looking car, love the 4x4, cargo room, roomy front seats, how it handles in snow. This is one exceptionally reliable and rugged work horse! With 150K it still runs like a top and expect it could easily go another 150K+.

tough truck
By coucoui6 on 10/12/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I really like my suv, no way near top ten by today's standards but considering that this is '95, it's great. The truck is very capable for offroading and towing use (within limitation). Don't tow something that out weights the truck... big safety issue. But as for offroad climbing, it's very fun. My Pathy is pretty stock and I can climb most moderate level trails in socal area. I only have LSD and not lockers.

Frame Rust!
By Mike on 05/20/07 17:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I would have only good things to say about this vehicle, except it has a horrible problem with rust. It was bought in the NE and supposedly undercoated, but I can no longer get the car inspected, and can find no body shop willing to weld the rusted out frame. I have to scrap an otherwise perfectly good and well maintained car. Too bad, I love the style, the sportiness, and the design, but I'll never buy another Nissan rust bucket.

It still rides
By tonio on 03/13/07 10:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my truck. When I drive other cars, sure I love the zippiness of them, but when I get back in my truck, I love the feel of being in command of a ...truck. I feel right with the world. I have 209,000 miles on my truck.

95 Pathfinder 4x4 SE
By Dueydog on 01/09/07 23:05 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned 9 Toyota's, 4 Land Cruisers, 3 4Runners, 4x4 Truck and Supra. And while this is not as extremely overbuilt like the Cruisers, it is a better balance of off road and on road driving.

Just bought it but i love it already!
By Nicole on 02/10/06 13:57 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought my pathfinder two days ago it has a little over two hundred and ten thousand miles on it. I work at a car dealership and they tell me the car is in excellent shape, its a 5speed manual, it shifts and drives great! the only thing it needs is one brake calipor and the cv joints in the front. But overall this car is a perfect 10! If you want a great truck that is dependable no matter how many miles you have on it this is the truck for you! I know I really love it, and i'll be sure to reccomend it to anoyone!