Used 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4WD
By cwade

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Just purchased my 95 pathy a few months ago. Since then, I've replaced all plugs and plug cables, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, engine wiring harness (frayed wires to injectors), thermostat, a tension rod (front left broke from rust), O2 sensor, and now just found that the front right CV boot is cracked and the other is on the way. I've been turning a blind eye to the major rust on the frame. The list will never end with this truck (yours may be better). If you live in a 4 seasons kind of area (I'm in MN), I'd look for a newer model. If it weren't for the fact that I have to drive this, I'd take it back. Surprisingly, the interior is great- all the lights work, windows, etc.

Favorite Features

I have 31" tires with black rims, brush guard and roof rack with lights which improves the aesthetics (if you're into off-road aesthetics). Awesome for non-city driving. Power everything, cruise, sunroof and key fob with alarm is nice as well.

Suggested Improvements

Build the frame out of something that is less susceptible to rust! I agree with the oil filter complaints as well. And cup holders! Despite my review, I will continue to fix this truck because I already feel attached to it-- and it's not too terribly difficult to work on....yet.

Great All Around
By hikeit

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is great to drive everywhere. From camping, to around town, to snowboarding, and on the interstate. After 220k miles she still loves to get up and go. I have (and recommend) a 5 speed, which helps with the hills and gaining speed. This was my first Nissan, and I have been impressed so far. I bought it after reading comments on this sight and have not been disappointed. Mine has not had the rust problems mentioned elsewhere, so I guess I got lucky. I gave it a tune up, new Michelin m/s all season tires and keep the oil changed. This vehicle rocks in snow. Nothing seemed to stop the four wheel drive. Great for hauling kids, camping gear, and stuff from home depot.

Favorite Features

Looks even better with roof racks and larger tires. Great engine and 4wd is unstoppable. Interior seems to hold up well. love my 5 speed. lots of room. very comfortable. meets a variety of needs.

Suggested Improvements

cup holders. need them. the step bars are poorly designed. make sure the removable sun roof is securely in place or it will fly off. better gas is always nice, but mine gets 20 mpg after the tune up. I also use mid grade gas.

95 Nissan pathfinder SE
By truck hunter

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck in really rough condition as my first vehicle. The exhaust leaks, the frame is rusted, the suspension is shot. But this has to be the most reliable vehicle i've ever seen! in -10 degree weather it would start right up, and plow through 3 foot snow banks in 4WD L like they weren't even there. I've never had a problem getting it started, or getting it out of rough conditions. I even used it to tow my dads huge Dodge ram 1500 back when his tranny blew. I really love my "screaming metal death trap" as I call it. weather going 65 down the highway or crawling through snow and mud, this truck gets the job done!

Favorite Features

good acceleration with the 3.0L V6 4WD is a lifesaver around here 20 mpg isn't bad

Suggested Improvements

Very wide turn radius makes it hard to park. Speedometer will some times quit for a minute or so (A very common complaint) but it hasn't in a while.

End of a Legend
By tonio

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I wrote the same review dated 03/13/07, and just wanted to give an update. The frame rusts/rots on these vehicles. Be careful when looking for one. Check the frame behind the fuel tank. Also check under the rear seats (lift them up and check for rust). 94 models may not have this problem, as the frames are made from a different source, however this year model (1995) are prone to frame rot. In 2007 I had very little rust, when I wrote the previous review. In 2008, lots of rust, and my rear bumper, along with fuel tank wanted to leave without me. I am decreasing build quality, down to a 1.

Favorite Features

strong engine, looks, dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Doesn't really matter now, does it? But, gas mileage is quite poor, and it's under powered at highway speeds (you notice on hills).

G R E A T Car!
By aak

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my fourth Pathfinder. Purchased in 2004, with aprx 85K miles on it. Currently has aprx 150K, and going strong. No major problems, just normal/routine maintenance. Love the car, but selling to get a newer one. Gas mileage is OK for an older SUV. Nice looking car, love the 4x4, cargo room, roomy front seats, how it handles in snow. This is one exceptionally reliable and rugged work horse! With 150K it still runs like a top and expect it could easily go another 150K+.

Favorite Features

Reliability, ruggedness, low maintenance, 4x4, cargo room, appearance.