Used 1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Poor Mans 4Runner
By patrick

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I bought this truck in 99 because a comparable 4 runner was approx 3-4k more. It has been an excellent truck with only 1 major issue (trans) I left it sit outside a couple of salty Illinois winters and that killed the body. Runs awesome,bad a/c lousy mpg,very reliable,eats front brakes,looks cool.The trans would not go into reverse and cost 2250.00 to fix. I still have it with 150k cost me 9k in 1999 and its 2009 not bad considering everything. would buy another just watch for frame rust in rear on midwest and east coast vehicles.

Favorite Features

Looks cool,runs great,very reliable poor rear suspension can't put to much weight in rear. Love it good truck

Suggested Improvements

better a/c mpg oil filter right above starter leaks on starter when changing. cupholder location

always starts
By Nissanairman

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I had this truck for two years and I loved every minute of it. I was always reliable and no matter what I did to it, it always started. As long as it was taken care of. Really fun to offroad with.

Favorite Features

the reliablitiy. solid SUV for how old it is. hardcore beach mobile.

Suggested Improvements

better gas economy and the cupholder in the center console was kinda uncomfortable.

Reliable Ride
By extreme_rnd

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This is the 4th new vehicle I've had, and it has been the best! I agree that you can get a lemon from any make, I have leased a Nissan Quest which turned out to be a lemon (promptly returned). This car has seen a wrench only once in 7 years (brake pads), and has aged gracefully despite my harsh pounding.

Favorite Features

Reliability, good sound system

Suggested Improvements

Better ergonomics for commonly used features, i.e. radio controls above the gear shift, better cup holders!!!

not applicable
By JACQUES NEREE

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

All these kind of NISSAN model have the same particular of major problems. There are two major design problem that customers kept encounter on: First is in the manifold (main muffler separated between engine) This type of problems can cost us a fortune to be fix. The second problem is THE TRANSMISSION because of the overheated TRANS. OIL which could put a big hole on consumer products faulty of bad design.

Favorite Features

Very good engine performance.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest NISSAN COMPANY to get a recall on all 1992 thru 1996 Pathfinder see if they can give owner a brake on this matter. And this idea is not impossible to be done, as I recall on all 1986 thru 1988 Nissan Maxima for the fuel line injector dilemma few years ago.