1995 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Nissan ruined this car with the poor frame material they used
By solstice7 on 05/27/11 07:39 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

The Pathfinder itself as a vehicle is queen of snow and off road. It always starts and runs. Never broke down on the road. However theed very poor quality material used in the frame is apparent. I paid 4600k for it with 56k miles about 4 years ago. I have spent 6k rebuilding every part of the frame you can think of to pass inspection twice now. Not sure if it will pass this year for either frame issues or steering rod issues-1996 was recalled for rusted out steering rods but not the 1995. If you can weld then its a great off road, snow vehicle, otherwise expect to pay for some type of frame rebuild. Do not expect this it be a quiet or pretty ride-its all utility.

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4WD
By cwade on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Just purchased my 95 pathy a few months ago. Since then, I've replaced all plugs and plug cables, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, engine wiring harness (frayed wires to injectors), thermostat, a tension rod (front left broke from rust), O2 sensor, and now just found that the front right CV boot is cracked and the other is on the way. I've been turning a blind eye to the major rust on the frame. The list will never end with this truck (yours may be better). If you live in a 4 seasons kind of area (I'm in MN), I'd look for a newer model. If it weren't for the fact that I have to drive this, I'd take it back. Surprisingly, the interior is great- all the lights work, windows, etc.

Can't stop it!
By Brian on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

My Pathfinder had over 220k's on it when I bought it and it had 280k on it when I got rid of it and it doesn't owe me a penny. I had it for 3 years and it never let me down. I only had one problem and it was tricky to solve as my mechanic raised his arms and said he couldn't figure it out. (after charging me $135.00). It would start sporadically every 10 to 15 cranks. My genius brother-in law told me to raise the hood and try tuning the key. Voila! it started no problem. Turns out it was a faulty relay switch; cost me $35.00 to fix. Overall I loved having a 4x4 in the harsh Canadian winter. (Drove a dirt road to work with lots of snow-drifts.) Not a luxury ride but competent.

Great All Around
By hikeit on 05/04/10 19:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is great to drive everywhere. From camping, to around town, to snowboarding, and on the interstate. After 220k miles she still loves to get up and go. I have (and recommend) a 5 speed, which helps with the hills and gaining speed. This was my first Nissan, and I have been impressed so far. I bought it after reading comments on this sight and have not been disappointed. Mine has not had the rust problems mentioned elsewhere, so I guess I got lucky. I gave it a tune up, new Michelin m/s all season tires and keep the oil changed. This vehicle rocks in snow. Nothing seemed to stop the four wheel drive. Great for hauling kids, camping gear, and stuff from home depot.

95 Nissan pathfinder SE
By truck hunter on 03/13/10 12:19 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck in really rough condition as my first vehicle. The exhaust leaks, the frame is rusted, the suspension is shot. But this has to be the most reliable vehicle i've ever seen! in -10 degree weather it would start right up, and plow through 3 foot snow banks in 4WD L like they weren't even there. I've never had a problem getting it started, or getting it out of rough conditions. I even used it to tow my dads huge Dodge ram 1500 back when his tranny blew. I really love my "screaming metal death trap" as I call it. weather going 65 down the highway or crawling through snow and mud, this truck gets the job done!

Great Solid Vehicle
By Shawn on 12/20/09 08:14 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my pathfinder with just over 200k miles and so far, overall, I have really enjoyed this vehicle. After I bought it I did the normal upgrades: new belts, water pump, brakes, and wires/plugs which I did myself. The cost of the repairs were not outrageous (use an independent mechanic, not nissan) and the engine runs very strong. It now has just over 210K miles. I have a manual trans. as this gives me the power I want when I want it. I put Michelin M/S all terrain tires on and I can go anywhere in 4wheel drive. It drives great in snow and up into the mountains as well as the highway. It is a comfortable ride and drives well.

Loving it to death
By SS on 11/04/09 19:32 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love it. It is the most reliable and go everywhere vehicle. I've now got 247,000 miles and it gives no indication of quitting anytime soon. Regular maintenance and love make it happy. I've driven it in the desert, mountains, snow, wind, you name it. It performs like a champion.

95 nissan pathfinder
By Ryan on 10/02/09 11:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

I like the car over all, it will get me where I need to go, but the acceleration and top speed are pretty bad. I have to do alot of work to mine, iv had to replace the brakes twice, the brakes aren't very good. Its peppy, but not a performance car in any way. The problems I have with the car are all small. Only big problem I've had was with the headlights. The previous owner ran wires directly from the headlight wire to something else(haven't followed wire) and the fuse would blow when headlights were turned on, I disconnected the wires and problem was gone. The safety issue was plastic burning when headlights were on, possible fire in steering wheel... wouldn't have been good. happy w/ car overall

Poor Mans 4Runner
By patrick on 08/22/09 01:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I bought this truck in 99 because a comparable 4 runner was approx 3-4k more. It has been an excellent truck with only 1 major issue (trans) I left it sit outside a couple of salty Illinois winters and that killed the body. Runs awesome,bad a/c lousy mpg,very reliable,eats front brakes,looks cool.The trans would not go into reverse and cost 2250.00 to fix. I still have it with 150k cost me 9k in 1999 and its 2009 not bad considering everything. would buy another just watch for frame rust in rear on midwest and east coast vehicles.

Gray Nissan Pathy
By Daytona on 06/10/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

After my 2004 Ranger 4wd stepside was totaled by a bread truck while parked on the side of the road, I needed a vehicle asap and ran into a private owner that wanted to get rid of his 1995 4wd Nissan Pathfinder LE. Bought it with 145,000 and in good shape. It did need some TLC, other than that it has been an AMAZING purchase. Taken it camping, snow boarding and road trips. When I first got it, it only got 14mpg :( But after giving it a good tune up, swapping all fluids (diffs,transfer case etc.) to synthetic and newer exhaust I now get 20mpg :) It's a SOLID well built chassis, with some decent lux items,decent driver feed back and solid braking. A/C and heater works great!! Great SUV!!