1994 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Good to buy use
By Pedro on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I have been driving this SUV for 8 years. got it Pre-owned with 31000. The key to this SUV is mtence and you will be ok....

1994 Pathfinder SE V-6
By Dave M. on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had this truck for 6 years now and have been pleased with its reliability and performance. Ergonomically though, it needs many improvements. I have driven my truck pretty hard and it has taken some abuse, but it has remained very mechanically sound. I have had front end work and some exhaust work done, but that's not too bad for a nine year old truck. The nerf bars rusted out and had to be replaced and both power window switches had to be replaced.

Gotta Love It!
By rmnga308 on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Very dependable vehicle. Confortable ride, good looks.

Served Our Purposes Well
By BTR on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Pathfinder with the Sport Option to have the spare well mounted outside the cargo hold. For years we used it in truly rugged conditions. It has been down many a lost trail hauling 5-6 kayaks to rivers. Only got stuck at the base of a steep incline once on snowy winter day. Not enough weight in back to keep the tires grounded, but did managed to finally get itself out of trouble just as our friends arrived in a "Jeep Cherokee". Mechanically we have been annoyed with the exhaust pipes breaking just behind the engine block. Really annoying and expensive to fix. We have 250,000 km on this beast.

Inexpensive, Quality, SUV
By AliveinBoulder on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

My original intent for purchasing this vehicle was for light-medium off roading, and camping. It serves that purpose well. My Pathfinder is very reliable and is easy to work on. I've added on a transmission cooler to help with wear and tear on the tranny. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an inexpensive and reliable SUV.

A Few Things to Watch Out For
By NissanDriven on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I was the owner of a 94 Pathfinder that I recently sold. There are a few things that potential buyers should be aware of. The automatic transmissions on these vehicles fail earlier than expected on these vehicles. Nissan is aware of this problem and has even issued a service bulletin about it, but no recall. The problem is that the transmission cooler clogs up with debris and causes the transmission to overheat and fail to the tune of a $2800 rebuild. Second is the exhaust manifolds overheat and crack and or break away from the engine block. Other than that the Pathfinder is fun to drive and quite reliable.

Off-Roading Beast.
By emokid on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

My 1994 Pathfinder SE with 107000 miles on it is a beast. This thing tears it up in any offroad situation and takes bumps and dips like they were nothing. it has the huge 31-10.50's on it and goes over everything. It also feels extremely stable when spinning cookies and stuff like that.

Still a great SVU to drive
By skyangel on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Granting that my car is just short of 200,000 miles, it still runs great. Had very minimal repairs considering it's age.

Good-Fun Small Family SUV!
By OurPathfinder on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

We've been really happy with our '94 Pathfinder XE. Though it's the base model, it is loaded with many convienience features that make living with it day to day a treat. My family and I use it primarily for camping and light off roading--and it serves our needs just fine.

Best SUV for your money
By oscar on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned mine for 5 years, and it is up to 110,000 miles. Other than routine maintenence, only had to replace the alternator- very reliable. Very comfortable- I'm 6'4" tall, and have tried other cars and SUVs, and fit in the Pathfinder best. If I ever decide to sell the '94, I'll probably buy a new Pathfinder.