Used 1994 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Basic transportation
By GEO CEO

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle used from a coworker in 2005 and it had 127,000 on it. Well, one transmission and $2,200 later, it has about 147,800. It's a slow truck but reliable. The front seats are truly uncomfortable and need some type of better lumbar support. I worry about the transmission going out again and will be looking for tranny cooler. I just had the exhaust manifold replaced with the tranny last hear. The exhaust is leaking again!! It's not worth fixing. It will just have to hear the noise. This truck doesn't turn very well either. The gas mileage is horrible!! On the highway, you get about 263 miles on a full tank. City driving, you pray you get 180-200 miles on a full tank.

Heated seats and the sun roof. The reclining rear seats for long trips..

Fix the gas mileage, the exhaust and the transmission and you might give Toyota 4 Runner a run for the money.

Great vehicle
By lvg75

1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I took my 1994 Nissan Pathfinder over from my brother a number of years ago and it now has nearly 200,000 miles on it. Other than regular maintenance and a cracked exhaust manifold (fixed for $400), I have not had a single problem. this truck is fantastic off road, great around town, and acceptable on the highway. I use it for work, commuting, and offroad driving in the moutains while biking.

A tough vehicle that takes a beating and doesn't blink. Awesome off road capability and great to drive around town.

Better front seats - they aren't comfortable on long trips.

Excellent Multi-Purpose Vehicle
By reaper

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle when it was two years old and had 22K miles on it. Since then, I have driven it roughly 90K miles over a variety of terrain and it has been an excellent multi-purpose vehicle for me. In the eight years that I have owned the vehicle, I have replaced the battery, CV joints and belts along with the regular scheduled maintanence, oil, lube, tires, etc. I have a hunting lease in Texas and the vehicle performs flawlessly off-road. The range of 4 wheel options combined with the proper transmission settings allows me to creep up and down areas that other stock four wheel drive vehicles would not go. The 31x10.5x15 tires gives me ample clearance over most obstacles.

Sedan like ride with the ability to take me most anywhere off-road.

A built-in cup holder and because the vehicle is underpowered, a K&N airfilter helped improve some of the performance. Some other performance upgrades could be modifying the ECU computer and a cat back exhaust system. Other than that, this Pathfinder is an excellent vehicle.

No more Nissan!
By BadNissan

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Since first day I bought the car (second hand), it is full of problem! All type of problems and fix a couple of times in some problems, e.g.: the evaporator of A/C, altenator, stearing wheel problems, electric connections, belts, etc. And now, after 133,000 miles, the transmission quite working well. I heard it is a manufacture reliability problem.

Exterior looks, e.g.: Big wheels

RELIABILITY! Transmission problem! Not a confortable ride.

94 SE
By jml

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Has been extremely reliable. Granted, the gas mileage is not car-like, but if you want a car you shouldn't be reading this. This is the second pathfinder I have owned, my old one sold with 150K and my current SE has 155k with simple regular maintenance. O2 sensor went out on both trucks as did the speedometer head. Other than that, these things go, go and then keep going. Great off road stability with the stock 31x10.5's.

Reliability, comfort, driving ease, versatility

Gas mileage (in a perfect world), sliding sunroof (avail on new ones).