Used 1994 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Not Worth It
By jaystone1

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

This was probably the worst can I ever owned. I bought it used with 150k and although it passed CA smog originally it always had a hesitation on acceleration that no shop or dealer was able to solve. I disliked the driving position. It rode poorly, the brakes were sub-par, the front shocks were changed three times with no ride quality improvement. It got terrible mileage like @15 mpg and less with AC on. Terrible bump-steer on the freeway. Lots of squeeks and rattles. On the plus side it had nice wheels and the AC worked good. I was happy to get rid of it.

Well built little SUV Truck
By John

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck at a dealership that had 55k on it. It was the best vehicle that I ever owned. The body and the frame will go before the motor will. I put over 300k mileage on this vehicle before I put it to rest this spring! I live in minnesota and the 4x4 works so beautiful and the mileage I got was 16city/21Hwy. I one time I was a chevy person and but with this Pathfinder I had, I'm sticking with Nissan Vehicles.

Favorite Features

Fully loaded: AC,PW,PL,PS,Tilt,4x4,CC,PB,Great stereo system

Suggested Improvements

There is only one thing that comes to mind and It is the frame, it should be stronger or last longer than the motor!!

Reliable Compact SUV
By Steve4887

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my used one-owner, well maintained Pathfinder in 2002. I've put over 50,000 trouble free miles on the truck since I purchased it. Current mileage is 96,000. I've crept along on rough, rutted desert roads many times with out getting stuck. Turning in tight areas takes lots of work. My best highway mileage was slightly over 20 mpg. Combined street/highway mileage is about 17. The engine works hard to push the truck on hills. It could use another 20-30 horsepower. The cup holders were an after thought. The radio speakers are odd sized and it is difficult to find after market replacements. I like the Pathfinder's ruggedness and boxy design.

Favorite Features

High ground clearance; full off road package--skid plates; limited slip differential; four wheel disk brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Would have liked more power and a more efficient fuel system.

Decent car
By carluvr

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Still love the exterior design of the car much more than the more recent models. Classic design. Seats are comfortable, dash is easy to read, cargo space is ample, and tires are great. Gas mileage is horrible. Have often taken it on road trips and it costs me an arm and a leg. Acceleration is about as slow as could be. Often take to the mountains and have to drive in the slow lane with my emergencies on.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. No pick-up at all.

120,000 And Still Driving
By 1994 Pathfinder

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I bought it new, it is now my oldest son's car and it is still going. After timing chain change at 100k, it still is running ok. Just needs some cosmetics and A/C work. I'm impressed.

Favorite Features

Just the ability to have a good solid vehicle that is now a second generation vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

If you are into "do-it-yourself" it was not designed for people with large hands. Tight fit even to change the oil. A little more powerful engine and the knocks!