1994 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Well built little SUV Truck
By John on 04/26/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck at a dealership that had 55k on it. It was the best vehicle that I ever owned. The body and the frame will go before the motor will. I put over 300k mileage on this vehicle before I put it to rest this spring! I live in minnesota and the 4x4 works so beautiful and the mileage I got was 16city/21Hwy. I one time I was a chevy person and but with this Pathfinder I had, I'm sticking with Nissan Vehicles.

Reliable Compact SUV
By Steve4887 on 04/30/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my used one-owner, well maintained Pathfinder in 2002. I've put over 50,000 trouble free miles on the truck since I purchased it. Current mileage is 96,000. I've crept along on rough, rutted desert roads many times with out getting stuck. Turning in tight areas takes lots of work. My best highway mileage was slightly over 20 mpg. Combined street/highway mileage is about 17. The engine works hard to push the truck on hills. It could use another 20-30 horsepower. The cup holders were an after thought. The radio speakers are odd sized and it is difficult to find after market replacements. I like the Pathfinder's ruggedness and boxy design.

Decent car
By carluvr on 05/09/07 14:34 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Still love the exterior design of the car much more than the more recent models. Classic design. Seats are comfortable, dash is easy to read, cargo space is ample, and tires are great. Gas mileage is horrible. Have often taken it on road trips and it costs me an arm and a leg. Acceleration is about as slow as could be. Often take to the mountains and have to drive in the slow lane with my emergencies on.

Excellent Multi-Purpose Vehicle
By reaper on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle when it was two years old and had 22K miles on it. Since then, I have driven it roughly 90K miles over a variety of terrain and it has been an excellent multi-purpose vehicle for me. In the eight years that I have owned the vehicle, I have replaced the battery, CV joints and belts along with the regular scheduled maintanence, oil, lube, tires, etc. I have a hunting lease in Texas and the vehicle performs flawlessly off-road. The range of 4 wheel options combined with the proper transmission settings allows me to creep up and down areas that other stock four wheel drive vehicles would not go. The 31x10.5x15 tires gives me ample clearance over most obstacles.

No more Nissan!
By BadNissan on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Since first day I bought the car (second hand), it is full of problem! All type of problems and fix a couple of times in some problems, e.g.: the evaporator of A/C, altenator, stearing wheel problems, electric connections, belts, etc. And now, after 133,000 miles, the transmission quite working well. I heard it is a manufacture reliability problem.

94 SE
By jml on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Has been extremely reliable. Granted, the gas mileage is not car-like, but if you want a car you shouldn't be reading this. This is the second pathfinder I have owned, my old one sold with 150K and my current SE has 155k with simple regular maintenance. O2 sensor went out on both trucks as did the speedometer head. Other than that, these things go, go and then keep going. Great off road stability with the stock 31x10.5's.

1994 Pathfinder SE V-6
By Dave M. on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had this truck for 6 years now and have been pleased with its reliability and performance. Ergonomically though, it needs many improvements. I have driven my truck pretty hard and it has taken some abuse, but it has remained very mechanically sound. I have had front end work and some exhaust work done, but that's not too bad for a nine year old truck. The nerf bars rusted out and had to be replaced and both power window switches had to be replaced.

Best SUV for your money
By oscar on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned mine for 5 years, and it is up to 110,000 miles. Other than routine maintenence, only had to replace the alternator- very reliable. Very comfortable- I'm 6'4" tall, and have tried other cars and SUVs, and fit in the Pathfinder best. If I ever decide to sell the '94, I'll probably buy a new Pathfinder.

Best SUV for your money
By Oscar on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)