Still luvin it
By skeezerhater on
1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD
Well, after thirteen years, I have put on four new sets of tires and two new batteries. The only rust is the rear bumper, which is barely still there and the only bad visual part. This week I found out the hard way that the Timing Belt should have been changed every 60,000 miles. Replacing it would be cheap, but I'm told there may be substantial damage to the pistons which would not be cheap at all. Still, if I could be sure I can get 100,000 more miles out of her I'd pay up in a heartbeat.
Favorite Features
Love the oversize tires -- I can drive over anything, and I do cross streams and muddy fields when hunting trips, and bulldoze over snowbanks in the worst blizzards. I have all the luxuries like great audio, while the boxy look and dark glass makes thieves pass it up for flashier SUVs. Good!
Suggested Improvements
None. I love her just the way she is. Wish I could say that about my ex- wife. Ouch. The new ones evidently are superb, but I had no payments due on this one for more than a decade and the joy of a great SUV with the security of a clear title is unbeatable.