1993 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Very reliable SUV with a smoot

1993 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

XE 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Very reliable SUV with a smooth ride
By Eddie on

1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This has been the best vehicle I ever owned. Although I have not baby the vehicle it still looks fantastic, never had ANYTHING that cost me a bunch to fix, and except for the original junky battery crapping out, the vehicle has never left me stranded anywhere. Still rinning strong at 180,000 miles and all I done is change the water pump and maintenance (tires, oil changes, timing belts, spark plugs). Once I change the clutch I should be good for another 100K miles at least. I have taken the truck off roading, towed a trailer for several year, went to the mountains (ie used the thing as an SUV). I just wish I had 2 of them.

Reliable, confortable, smooth ride (almost forget it still a truck), nice looking, long lasting, good cornering (for an SUV of course), OK horsepower, good enough to carry stuff inside.

Better way to carry the spare, a way to open the back hatch from the inside, longer lasting shockd for the rear window (the hatch lift shocks lasted longer, go figure), better cup holders, batter mileage (cause it stinks 13-19MPG) it has OK power but not enough to justify the poor mileage