1993 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: 1993 Nissan Pathfinder 4Dr SE-

1993 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

1993 Nissan Pathfinder 4Dr SE-V6 Auto
By Mike on

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Extremely reliable vehicle. Paint still looks good. My uncle bought this vehicle new and I purchased it from him with 75K miles, in 1997. The vehicle now has 240K miles. I've been using the vehicle to tow my motorcycles to race tracks a few times a year, in the heat of California. And still runs great. MPG is about 16city/19hwy - not bad for an older vehicle - using Mobil 1 Synthetic EP 5W30. Just finished installing its 3rd timing belt, water pump, tensioner, valve cover seals, etc. I did notice the valve lifts were a bit dirty/sluggy when I replaced the valve cover seals - need to use an engine cleaner. I will keep this vehicle until it gives up - plus it's only worth about $2500.

Reliable. Smooth ride due to factory adjustable suspension. Good factory paint job. Great in snow and in light-moderate off-road conditions.

Installed a cat-back Gibson exhaust(a bit loud I would suggest trying Borla or a Flowmaster muffler. K&N filter works ok - allows to be cleaned. Nology spark plug wires allows my Copper spark plugs to be gapped a bit larger. Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo works great. Currently installing headers.