1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Awesome SUV
By gunner on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my pf with 110,000 miles love everything about it from the well made leather heated seats to the 31 inch tires. I use my pf for hunting, fishing, and road trips. It has never let met down. It now has 322,000 miles on it with original engine and 5 speed transmission and still running strong with no oil usage. Getting 20 on long highway drives and 16 putting around the country side. I have a 85 toyota 4runner and truthfully would rather drive my pf.

Best little SUV ever!
By Larry on 06/28/10 20:26 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Great car. Tough as nails. Just drove 500 miles to Myrtle beach sc. And will keep on giving good service. Plan to drive it for many years to come!

Best car I've owned
By MacEachern on 02/23/10 14:46 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought from a friend with 158,000 on it. Now at 214,225. This is by far the most reliable car I've owned. Never a mechanical issue. The factory alarm went haywire, but was an easy fix to disable it. Driven it up & down the east coast, cross country, through streams, snow, ice, and mud. Tire are expensive. I think that the two existing cup holders are fine where they are. Concealed, but right there and usable, not in the way. Don't know why everyone is complaining about that.

awesome
By chris maxie on 12/22/09 17:58 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I traded for this vehicle from a farmer in kentucky. It has oversized tires and salvage title but looks really cool. I am in late forties, retired white collar and out of character for me to own such a vehicle. It goes anywhere, I have achieved a much better mpg than your avg. We have a land rover, had tahoes... this ole truck better than any I have ever owned! It has provided me with a new liberating hobby I love to get muddy and love to drive the ole pathfinder!!! never leaves you stranded!

best suv made!!
By z8428 on 12/07/09 17:51 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

One of the best trucks made. extremely durable, and they look good to! and last fore ever especially with only 19000 actual mileage!

Best SUV I've ever owned!
By LostPathy on 08/16/09 23:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV was great - before I lost my Pathfinder due to an accident in which a driver ran a red light and broadsided it. She had 213K miles and I know she would have made it to 300K. The only problem I ever experienced was a broken power steering belt and that was it. This SUV just performed and if maintained properly will last a very long time. I am convinced that even though this model had no airbags it protected me from the accident.

Good Car
By medb0414 on 02/20/09 13:35 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I like my Pathfinder. I just blew a tire though and had to get a new tire put on.A lot of room inside.Good truck to go camping in. Good gas mileage if you go 55 mph on hwy!

1993 Nissan Pathfinder 4Dr SE-V6 Auto
By Mike on 12/22/08 17:33 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Extremely reliable vehicle. Paint still looks good. My uncle bought this vehicle new and I purchased it from him with 75K miles, in 1997. The vehicle now has 240K miles. I've been using the vehicle to tow my motorcycles to race tracks a few times a year, in the heat of California. And still runs great. MPG is about 16city/19hwy - not bad for an older vehicle - using Mobil 1 Synthetic EP 5W30. Just finished installing its 3rd timing belt, water pump, tensioner, valve cover seals, etc. I did notice the valve lifts were a bit dirty/sluggy when I replaced the valve cover seals - need to use an engine cleaner. I will keep this vehicle until it gives up - plus it's only worth about $2500.

Can't Part With Her
By Can't Part With Her on 12/03/08 15:16 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

After 15 yrs she finally died on me. I did have to have trans rebuilt after 160k mi but what do you expect. Overall very low maintenance as far as I am concerned. Debating rebuilding engine or buying rebuilt. She outlived two marriages so that says a lot. :) Some creature comforts died like cruise control, power door locks and alarm but what car still has all bells and whistles at that age. Body still in very good shape other than dent here and there. 245k mi

One of the best SUVs
By Bob on 08/04/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle new and have no plans to give it up, even with 122,000 miles. I've got a 5-speed, which is the best transmission for this vehicle. It goes in the snow where other SUVs can't- I've even gone right around stalled Lexus and Jeep SUVs on snow-covered hills. 31" tires definitely improve the ride. Changed valve cover gasket twice, power antenna three times. Other than that and normal maintenance, nothing. If you don't lug the engine, perform maintenance on schedule, and treat it like you want it to run forever, it will. Last of the great Pathfinders.