1993 Nissan Pathfinder 3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

SE 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Awesome SUV
By gunner on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my pf with 110,000 miles love everything about it from the well made leather heated seats to the 31 inch tires. I use my pf for hunting, fishing, and road trips. It has never let met down. It now has 322,000 miles on it with original engine and 5 speed transmission and still running strong with no oil usage. Getting 20 on long highway drives and 16 putting around the country side. I have a 85 toyota 4runner and truthfully would rather drive my pf.

Best little SUV ever!
By Larry on 06/28/10 20:26 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Great car. Tough as nails. Just drove 500 miles to Myrtle beach sc. And will keep on giving good service. Plan to drive it for many years to come!

Best car I've owned
By MacEachern on 02/23/10 14:46 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought from a friend with 158,000 on it. Now at 214,225. This is by far the most reliable car I've owned. Never a mechanical issue. The factory alarm went haywire, but was an easy fix to disable it. Driven it up & down the east coast, cross country, through streams, snow, ice, and mud. Tire are expensive. I think that the two existing cup holders are fine where they are. Concealed, but right there and usable, not in the way. Don't know why everyone is complaining about that.

Best SUV I've ever owned!
By LostPathy on 08/16/09 23:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV was great - before I lost my Pathfinder due to an accident in which a driver ran a red light and broadsided it. She had 213K miles and I know she would have made it to 300K. The only problem I ever experienced was a broken power steering belt and that was it. This SUV just performed and if maintained properly will last a very long time. I am convinced that even though this model had no airbags it protected me from the accident.

Good Car
By medb0414 on 02/20/09 13:35 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I like my Pathfinder. I just blew a tire though and had to get a new tire put on.A lot of room inside.Good truck to go camping in. Good gas mileage if you go 55 mph on hwy!

1993 Nissan Pathfinder 4Dr SE-V6 Auto
By Mike on 12/22/08 17:33 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Extremely reliable vehicle. Paint still looks good. My uncle bought this vehicle new and I purchased it from him with 75K miles, in 1997. The vehicle now has 240K miles. I've been using the vehicle to tow my motorcycles to race tracks a few times a year, in the heat of California. And still runs great. MPG is about 16city/19hwy - not bad for an older vehicle - using Mobil 1 Synthetic EP 5W30. Just finished installing its 3rd timing belt, water pump, tensioner, valve cover seals, etc. I did notice the valve lifts were a bit dirty/sluggy when I replaced the valve cover seals - need to use an engine cleaner. I will keep this vehicle until it gives up - plus it's only worth about $2500.

One of the best SUVs
By Bob on 08/04/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle new and have no plans to give it up, even with 122,000 miles. I've got a 5-speed, which is the best transmission for this vehicle. It goes in the snow where other SUVs can't- I've even gone right around stalled Lexus and Jeep SUVs on snow-covered hills. 31" tires definitely improve the ride. Changed valve cover gasket twice, power antenna three times. Other than that and normal maintenance, nothing. If you don't lug the engine, perform maintenance on schedule, and treat it like you want it to run forever, it will. Last of the great Pathfinders.

Excellent Vehicle
By carollins on 08/02/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought in 2000 at 115k miles, now at 225k. Never a problem. Original clutch and starter, new shocks, battery, alternator, and rear hatch coils. 19 mpg with synthetic oil at 75mph. Car will go anywhere in Rocky Mountains, and have driven cross country several times too, nice on the highway as well as Whiter Rime trail in Canyonlands.

Great 93 Pathfinder
By Fausto Araujo on 08/17/07 14:58 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I have been driving it for almost 14 years and it never gave me any big problem. It is amazing. It now has 180,000 miles and still runs great and I get the same fuel consumption as when it new. I wish I could keep it forever.

pathy
By nick micho on 09/13/06 17:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

i have loved this truck from day 1. my dad messed up the engine from carelessness so i replaced it with another stock engine and have absolutely no problems other than exhaust leaks which are fixed buy headers all and all i love this vehicle from the way it drives to the way it looks.