Used 1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Can't Part With Her
By Can't Part With Her

1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

After 15 yrs she finally died on me. I did have to have trans rebuilt after 160k mi but what do you expect. Overall very low maintenance as far as I am concerned. Debating rebuilding engine or buying rebuilt. She outlived two marriages so that says a lot. :) Some creature comforts died like cruise control, power door locks and alarm but what car still has all bells and whistles at that age. Body still in very good shape other than dent here and there. 245k mi

Favorite Features

loved everything

Very reliable SUV with a smooth ride
By Eddie

1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This has been the best vehicle I ever owned. Although I have not baby the vehicle it still looks fantastic, never had ANYTHING that cost me a bunch to fix, and except for the original junky battery crapping out, the vehicle has never left me stranded anywhere. Still rinning strong at 180,000 miles and all I done is change the water pump and maintenance (tires, oil changes, timing belts, spark plugs). Once I change the clutch I should be good for another 100K miles at least. I have taken the truck off roading, towed a trailer for several year, went to the mountains (ie used the thing as an SUV). I just wish I had 2 of them.

Favorite Features

Reliable, confortable, smooth ride (almost forget it still a truck), nice looking, long lasting, good cornering (for an SUV of course), OK horsepower, good enough to carry stuff inside.

Suggested Improvements

Better way to carry the spare, a way to open the back hatch from the inside, longer lasting shockd for the rear window (the hatch lift shocks lasted longer, go figure), better cup holders, batter mileage (cause it stinks 13-19MPG) it has OK power but not enough to justify the poor mileage

Great Car
By Ben

1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Our Pathfinder has been a great car, so much so, that we are thinking of getting another one again. The only drawback - mileage, but it's the same with all SUV's that size. Even after all of these years it still looks great!

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, fun to drive - and it goes! We had a Blazer before, and felt like it had to be pushed up hill.

Suggested Improvements

better mileage.