1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Solid truck
By debushau on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

One of those vehicles that does not need pampering and keeps plugging on. Never had any real problem with it - just a light switch and a/c hose needed to be replaced. Always starts first time and looks straight. Low on power, high on gas usage. Brakes a bit weak and steering is so-so. Not an offroad truck.

The Beast
By Alpha_echo on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I absolutly love this vehicle! II got it about 2 months ago and put in $700 to get the brakes redone and some of my own manhours to get it to top shape. I am 17 and dont have to make the payments and sort of drive it like that, and it takes it all. It creaks and growns but nothing too major. We were looking at a 1991 Explorer but it was sold before we could buy it. Im so glad we got this one! Plenty of room, loaded with features, and it looks good too.

The Little Truck that Could
By maddr7 on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was bulit to last! The great thing about it is that if you really want to go offroad you can without any serious modifications! For serious offroaders, you can beef it up, but that would require swaping out the independant front suspension with a soild axle EXPENSIVE! This car should last another 100K, if you buy one used, maintain it well and it will run forever!

Great Little Truck
By Troy2 on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

We had to sell our 1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab with the addition of our second child. My wife, a veterinarian, wanted a 'real truck' and was put off with all of the cute utes and crossovers. We happened to see this truck and though older, it has fewer squeaks and rattles than my 1999 Buick. A very reliable truck with 112,000 on it and no reason why it won't turn another 100K. The only achilles heel on the truck is a little surface rust that we recently took care of at a body shop for $500-.

Reliability Plus
By jis on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

This is probably the best and most reliable car I have ever owned. No Maintenance problems, never had a tune up and never failed to start in all weather and even sitting at the airport for 15 days or so. Just change the oil religiously every 3000 miles, one set of tires and brakes and xmission oil at 30,000 miles. One thing--they put the cup holders in a clumsy place on the console, other than that - just great!