Used 1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Would Buy it again
By Ken

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I still own this Pathfinder and have 146 thousand miles on it. replaced the brakes and rotors few times, also replaced the distributor,also had to replace the transmission but that could have been from being hit in the rear end.Had some problems with air conditioner.Tires are real tricky on the Pathfinder must be matched and balanced for good road performance. This car would go another 146 k thousand but the body and frame are rusting out real bad. Engine dose not use any oil. Very dependable will miss it when gone.

Favorite Features

Easy maintaince, great handling especially in bad weather,dependability,

Suggested Improvements

Needs improvement on body rust starts too early in life of car, cup holders,

TANK
By Yogi1234

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this car I've rear ended to cars and it hurt mine a little but not a bad as the others. I wish mine had a block heater for the winters in Montana. Starts every time unless its like 5 or below outside. Gets between for me 14.25 to 18.5 mpg in town and highway it gets 16.25 to 26 mpg. I love it to death wish I had less miles but o-well. If you buy one get the SE model not XE cause the SE has almost everything you want in the car.

Favorite Features

Handling and power switch

Suggested Improvements

BLOCK HEATER!

Teenager's first car, still lovin it.
By davidjayess

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I am 17, and my red '92 pathfinder is a hand-me-down from my stepdad. It's a 5 speed, and it never breaks. Ever. 280K and counting! It's fun to drive, and I have the OEM metal bumper guard on the front and the swinging metal gate with a spare on the back. My friends and I feel more safe and comfortable in this car than any of my friends feel in their own! The car has personality, and that's hard to find these days. If I shift low and coast in neutral often (I live in a hilly place) I can get between 18-23 mpg. I love that the car is high enough off the ground to keep me safer than, say, a sedan, but not high enough for me to feel disconnected from the road. It's also pretty easy to park.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By skresan

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

This truck has 230,000 miles on it and it going to my daughter. After all these miles the only thing it needs is a little suspension repair (ball joints and springs are worn). In still runs great. Always started up every time for 14 years of what I would say was very rough driving. It is a 2WD, but has the heart of a 4WD. This truck went almost everywhere in mountain and desert. I am going to miss my red SUV.

Favorite Features

Steel bumpers, steel spare mount, rear cargo space, sporty look ... everything.

Suggested Improvements

Make the new late model, useless soccer mom Pathfinders look and act like the old ones.

Solid truck
By Aree

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck when I started college and it has been great. The only thing that needed repair was the starter and the rear shocks due to a little offroading. It has lasted so well throughout the harsh ND winters and started every time. Pretty good when we are talking about a 17 year old car.

Favorite Features

Dependability, 5 speed tranny

Suggested Improvements

something for the inevitable rust, more powerful engine