1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Teenager's first car, still lovin it.
By davidjayess on 08/16/12 17:00 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I am 17, and my red '92 pathfinder is a hand-me-down from my stepdad. It's a 5 speed, and it never breaks. Ever. 280K and counting! It's fun to drive, and I have the OEM metal bumper guard on the front and the swinging metal gate with a spare on the back. My friends and I feel more safe and comfortable in this car than any of my friends feel in their own! The car has personality, and that's hard to find these days. If I shift low and coast in neutral often (I live in a hilly place) I can get between 18-23 mpg. I love that the car is high enough off the ground to keep me safer than, say, a sedan, but not high enough for me to feel disconnected from the road. It's also pretty easy to park.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By skresan on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

This truck has 230,000 miles on it and it going to my daughter. After all these miles the only thing it needs is a little suspension repair (ball joints and springs are worn). In still runs great. Always started up every time for 14 years of what I would say was very rough driving. It is a 2WD, but has the heart of a 4WD. This truck went almost everywhere in mountain and desert. I am going to miss my red SUV.

fuel sending unit
By rring on 08/18/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

Great truck, absolutely everything works! This V6 has a pump & sending unit in the tank, access panel on top. Ours was reading only in the middle. We cleaned the varestat with carb cleaner and scotchbright as well as the wiper. It works good as new, the tank is 20 gallons not 15 as listed in many manuals. We also installed a bull bar as the front end is weak.

1992 Pathfinder XE
By David94112 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

This is a solid SUV. I have over 210k on my Pathfinder and It's still going very strong. It's just passed smog with flying color. I have not have any problem with this SUV since the day I bought it. Oil change every 5k miles, and follow normal maintaince schedule. Very solid vehicle... I got my money's worth. A little bit Under Power.

Reliability Plus
By jis on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

This is probably the best and most reliable car I have ever owned. No Maintenance problems, never had a tune up and never failed to start in all weather and even sitting at the airport for 15 days or so. Just change the oil religiously every 3000 miles, one set of tires and brakes and xmission oil at 30,000 miles. One thing--they put the cup holders in a clumsy place on the console, other than that - just great!