Used 1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Teenager's first car, still lovin it.
By davidjayess

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I am 17, and my red '92 pathfinder is a hand-me-down from my stepdad. It's a 5 speed, and it never breaks. Ever. 280K and counting! It's fun to drive, and I have the OEM metal bumper guard on the front and the swinging metal gate with a spare on the back. My friends and I feel more safe and comfortable in this car than any of my friends feel in their own! The car has personality, and that's hard to find these days. If I shift low and coast in neutral often (I live in a hilly place) I can get between 18-23 mpg. I love that the car is high enough off the ground to keep me safer than, say, a sedan, but not high enough for me to feel disconnected from the road. It's also pretty easy to park.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By skresan

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

This truck has 230,000 miles on it and it going to my daughter. After all these miles the only thing it needs is a little suspension repair (ball joints and springs are worn). In still runs great. Always started up every time for 14 years of what I would say was very rough driving. It is a 2WD, but has the heart of a 4WD. This truck went almost everywhere in mountain and desert. I am going to miss my red SUV.

Steel bumpers, steel spare mount, rear cargo space, sporty look ... everything.

Make the new late model, useless soccer mom Pathfinders look and act like the old ones.

TANK
By Yogi1234

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this car I've rear ended to cars and it hurt mine a little but not a bad as the others. I wish mine had a block heater for the winters in Montana. Starts every time unless its like 5 or below outside. Gets between for me 14.25 to 18.5 mpg in town and highway it gets 16.25 to 26 mpg. I love it to death wish I had less miles but o-well. If you buy one get the SE model not XE cause the SE has almost everything you want in the car.

Handling and power switch

BLOCK HEATER!

Solid truck
By Aree

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck when I started college and it has been great. The only thing that needed repair was the starter and the rear shocks due to a little offroading. It has lasted so well throughout the harsh ND winters and started every time. Pretty good when we are talking about a 17 year old car.

Dependability, 5 speed tranny

something for the inevitable rust, more powerful engine

fuel sending unit
By rring

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

Great truck, absolutely everything works! This V6 has a pump & sending unit in the tank, access panel on top. Ours was reading only in the middle. We cleaned the varestat with carb cleaner and scotchbright as well as the wiper. It works good as new, the tank is 20 gallons not 15 as listed in many manuals. We also installed a bull bar as the front end is weak.

V6 runs cool in our hot desert climate, and is built like a tank, except for the front end, which we beefed up with a bull bar.

Put in a bull bar, not a brush guard to protect front end, so you can drive after hitting something or being in a accident.