Used 1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1992 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Most Helpful|
Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By skresan

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This truck has 230,000 miles on it and it going to my daughter. After all these miles the only thing it needs is a little suspension repair (ball joints and springs are worn). In still runs great. Always started up every time for 14 years of what I would say was very rough driving. It is a 2WD, but has the heart of a 4WD. This truck went almost everywhere in mountain and desert. I am going to miss my red SUV.

Favorite Features

Steel bumpers, steel spare mount, rear cargo space, sporty look ... everything.

Suggested Improvements

Make the new late model, useless soccer mom Pathfinders look and act like the old ones.

fuel sending unit
By rring

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Great truck, absolutely everything works! This V6 has a pump & sending unit in the tank, access panel on top. Ours was reading only in the middle. We cleaned the varestat with carb cleaner and scotchbright as well as the wiper. It works good as new, the tank is 20 gallons not 15 as listed in many manuals. We also installed a bull bar as the front end is weak.

Favorite Features

V6 runs cool in our hot desert climate, and is built like a tank, except for the front end, which we beefed up with a bull bar.

Suggested Improvements

Put in a bull bar, not a brush guard to protect front end, so you can drive after hitting something or being in a accident.

Teenager's first car, still lovin it.
By davidjayess

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I am 17, and my red '92 pathfinder is a hand-me-down from my stepdad. It's a 5 speed, and it never breaks. Ever. 280K and counting! It's fun to drive, and I have the OEM metal bumper guard on the front and the swinging metal gate with a spare on the back. My friends and I feel more safe and comfortable in this car than any of my friends feel in their own! The car has personality, and that's hard to find these days. If I shift low and coast in neutral often (I live in a hilly place) I can get between 18-23 mpg. I love that the car is high enough off the ground to keep me safer than, say, a sedan, but not high enough for me to feel disconnected from the road. It's also pretty easy to park.

Reliability Plus
By jis

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This is probably the best and most reliable car I have ever owned. No Maintenance problems, never had a tune up and never failed to start in all weather and even sitting at the airport for 15 days or so. Just change the oil religiously every 3000 miles, one set of tires and brakes and xmission oil at 30,000 miles. One thing--they put the cup holders in a clumsy place on the console, other than that - just great!

Favorite Features

It just keeps rollin' along.

Suggested Improvements

For a 1992 suv It's got it all.

1992 Pathfinder XE
By David94112

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This is a solid SUV. I have over 210k on my Pathfinder and It's still going very strong. It's just passed smog with flying color. I have not have any problem with this SUV since the day I bought it. Oil change every 5k miles, and follow normal maintaince schedule. Very solid vehicle... I got my money's worth. A little bit Under Power.

Favorite Features

Solid, and very Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Keep the design simple.