1992 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Teenager's first car, still lovin it.
By davidjayess on 08/16/12 17:00 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I am 17, and my red '92 pathfinder is a hand-me-down from my stepdad. It's a 5 speed, and it never breaks. Ever. 280K and counting! It's fun to drive, and I have the OEM metal bumper guard on the front and the swinging metal gate with a spare on the back. My friends and I feel more safe and comfortable in this car than any of my friends feel in their own! The car has personality, and that's hard to find these days. If I shift low and coast in neutral often (I live in a hilly place) I can get between 18-23 mpg. I love that the car is high enough off the ground to keep me safer than, say, a sedan, but not high enough for me to feel disconnected from the road. It's also pretty easy to park.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By skresan on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This truck has 230,000 miles on it and it going to my daughter. After all these miles the only thing it needs is a little suspension repair (ball joints and springs are worn). In still runs great. Always started up every time for 14 years of what I would say was very rough driving. It is a 2WD, but has the heart of a 4WD. This truck went almost everywhere in mountain and desert. I am going to miss my red SUV.

TANK
By Yogi1234 on 11/01/09 22:17 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this car I've rear ended to cars and it hurt mine a little but not a bad as the others. I wish mine had a block heater for the winters in Montana. Starts every time unless its like 5 or below outside. Gets between for me 14.25 to 18.5 mpg in town and highway it gets 16.25 to 26 mpg. I love it to death wish I had less miles but o-well. If you buy one get the SE model not XE cause the SE has almost everything you want in the car.

Solid truck
By Aree on 03/11/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck when I started college and it has been great. The only thing that needed repair was the starter and the rear shocks due to a little offroading. It has lasted so well throughout the harsh ND winters and started every time. Pretty good when we are talking about a 17 year old car.

fuel sending unit
By rring on 08/18/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Great truck, absolutely everything works! This V6 has a pump & sending unit in the tank, access panel on top. Ours was reading only in the middle. We cleaned the varestat with carb cleaner and scotchbright as well as the wiper. It works good as new, the tank is 20 gallons not 15 as listed in many manuals. We also installed a bull bar as the front end is weak.

Fairly High Mileage
By 92pathfinder on 11/11/05 21:35 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

5-spd. Bought with 125K miles, currently at 195K. Extremely reliable- -always starts. Have taken many trips cross country and would feel comfortable driving anywhere in it today. I average 17 mpg if city, 17 mixed and 20 on the hwy. Fairly comfortable seating position. I did 95 mph for a short jaunt the other night and it was comfortable and solid--yes, the engine still had capacity for more. Nice seating position--traffic never seems as bad when your above it. Have towed a trailer(denver-reno and back), various non-running vehicles and quite a few cars out of the deep snow. Am using Goodyear All-Terrain T/A-they work well with the vehicle. Narrow body is great between trees.

Would Buy it again
By Ken on 01/07/05 17:10 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I still own this Pathfinder and have 146 thousand miles on it. replaced the brakes and rotors few times, also replaced the distributor,also had to replace the transmission but that could have been from being hit in the rear end.Had some problems with air conditioner.Tires are real tricky on the Pathfinder must be matched and balanced for good road performance. This car would go another 146 k thousand but the body and frame are rusting out real bad. Engine dose not use any oil. Very dependable will miss it when gone.

Solid, reliable SUV
By Badstink on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

Haven't had a major problem in all 12 yrs. Only needed standard maint such as brakes, muffler, fluids, filters, tires, etc. For a 1992 SUV, the Pathfinder has plenty of power and acceleration. Only the 92 Explorer and Cherokee have similar power. The 92 4Runner is a dog. Back seat has lots of legroom. I'm tall and like to push the driver seat all the way back. None of my passengers ever felt the leg room was cramped. Back seats also have multiple tilt levels and offer very nice comfort. 4WD is sweet! I've used it many times on ski trips and for off-roading on logging roads. On the negative side, it has several squeaks.

1992 Pathfinder XE
By David94112 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This is a solid SUV. I have over 210k on my Pathfinder and It's still going very strong. It's just passed smog with flying color. I have not have any problem with this SUV since the day I bought it. Oil change every 5k miles, and follow normal maintaince schedule. Very solid vehicle... I got my money's worth. A little bit Under Power.

Great Car
By AndyT_03 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV is excellent in all kinds of conditions. Such as Cold Weather, Extreme heat and Humidity. Very Realiable.