Used 1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Best Investment Ever
By Michael

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I got her from a friend who has had her since new. When I got her she had 150,000 and had all records of maintenance. All I have had to do is keep up maintenance to keep her running good. I have never had a vehicle that has this kind of mileage and be so strong. I never want to get rid of her, I will do what ever it takes to keep her around. All she really needs is a new paint job due to the sun. I have gone places with her other bigger trucks have had problems, and I am a Chevy man. Nice thing is she is fully load with options so nothing to add. I love the electronically adjusted suspension, other then when I will have to replace soon due to cost of it.

Favorite Features

The sharp edge body style, the right height for 4WD for me and reliability. Also the "oh no" bars even in the back seats when 4 wheeling.

Suggested Improvements

wish they would have had airbags back then.

One of the best REAL SUVs
By pathfinderfan

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a real truck, not a pansy SUV like a lot of vehicles on the market. That being said, it's not the most comfortable vehicle on the road, and it's not as fast as my Maxima. But, when I need to get somewhere no matter what the conditions, this is what I drive. It's unbelievable in snow, mud, and anything else you throw at it. I can literally drive circles around my friends F150s while they winch themselves out. Incredible reliability too. Only normal repairs that you would expect of an older vehicle: brakes, exhaust, alternator. My mother spent a fortune maintaining her Blazer. Too bad she didn't listen to me and get a Pathfinder.

Favorite Features

Goes anywhere, does anything, incredibly reliable.

Suggested Improvements

More powerful engine. Better fuel economy (if it were possible)

Love this truck!
By TerriB

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I got this truck with 203,000 miles and have had to replace only the starter and the battery. It always starts and has no trouble with my very long bi-weekly drives. I look forward to driving this truck in the Colorado winter.

Fantastic
By Pato

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this SUV for 12 years. It has 180,000 miles on it. It has never let me down. Biggest repair was a new radiator. I am not real gentle on her and she keeps on running. I think I will easily get 250,000 out of this truck.

Favorite Features

Appearance, unbeatable reliability

Suggested Improvements

None!!! Well, it could use a litte more power.

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6
By M Wernecke

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle I have ever owned. I am a Chevy salesman and I am more impressed with my Nissan than anything I have driven.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the body style. If they would not have changed it I would buy another Pathfinder.

Suggested Improvements

change the body style back to the early 90's style. Make a supercharged engine in 4WD.