Used 1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Best Investment Ever
By Michael

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I got her from a friend who has had her since new. When I got her she had 150,000 and had all records of maintenance. All I have had to do is keep up maintenance to keep her running good. I have never had a vehicle that has this kind of mileage and be so strong. I never want to get rid of her, I will do what ever it takes to keep her around. All she really needs is a new paint job due to the sun. I have gone places with her other bigger trucks have had problems, and I am a Chevy man. Nice thing is she is fully load with options so nothing to add. I love the electronically adjusted suspension, other then when I will have to replace soon due to cost of it.

The sharp edge body style, the right height for 4WD for me and reliability. Also the "oh no" bars even in the back seats when 4 wheeling.

wish they would have had airbags back then.

One of the best REAL SUVs
By pathfinderfan

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a real truck, not a pansy SUV like a lot of vehicles on the market. That being said, it's not the most comfortable vehicle on the road, and it's not as fast as my Maxima. But, when I need to get somewhere no matter what the conditions, this is what I drive. It's unbelievable in snow, mud, and anything else you throw at it. I can literally drive circles around my friends F150s while they winch themselves out. Incredible reliability too. Only normal repairs that you would expect of an older vehicle: brakes, exhaust, alternator. My mother spent a fortune maintaining her Blazer. Too bad she didn't listen to me and get a Pathfinder.

Goes anywhere, does anything, incredibly reliable.

More powerful engine. Better fuel economy (if it were possible)

My best friend
By nissan lover

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I just love my pathfinder. I got it in 2003 with 110,000 miles on it and needed some work, nothing expensive, just some oil leeks. But she´s been a very loyal SUV. Had to replace the time chain 3 years ago and that's it. Runs great, never lets me down. Want to buy another one for my husband because he already got rid of 3 cars in lees than 2 years. Was going to sell it about 3 years ago because of money problems and i was crying like a baby. Decided to keep it and she´s the family car now. Great for a 17 year old car. Best SUV I ever owned. I will keep it for ever. She´s my best friend.

Everything, to me... she´s perfect.

Cupholder.

Love this truck!
By TerriB

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I got this truck with 203,000 miles and have had to replace only the starter and the battery. It always starts and has no trouble with my very long bi-weekly drives. I look forward to driving this truck in the Colorado winter.

91 Pathfinder - Only Car I Ever Loved
By englishteacher845

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

This Pathfinder, which I bought in 2000, is a gem. I love this truck more than some people I've met, but frankly, it's more reliable! Thanks to a great mechanic who does its regular service, this Pathfinder continues to have excellent power, tight steering, and just the right amount of bounce (owing to a 2: body lift) to make it amazingly fun to drive. My only issue has been that 17 year old trucks, no matter who makes them, tend to begin to rust. My Pathfinder is no exception.

I love the steel body, feels safe as hell to drive. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Visibility is excellent. For a big truck, it has a great turning radius.

It's definitely a design flaw that all Pathfinders of this age I've seen have had rust behind the back door stepwells. That could use work.