1991 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Best Investment Ever
By Michael on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I got her from a friend who has had her since new. When I got her she had 150,000 and had all records of maintenance. All I have had to do is keep up maintenance to keep her running good. I have never had a vehicle that has this kind of mileage and be so strong. I never want to get rid of her, I will do what ever it takes to keep her around. All she really needs is a new paint job due to the sun. I have gone places with her other bigger trucks have had problems, and I am a Chevy man. Nice thing is she is fully load with options so nothing to add. I love the electronically adjusted suspension, other then when I will have to replace soon due to cost of it.

One of the best REAL SUVs
By pathfinderfan on 07/07/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a real truck, not a pansy SUV like a lot of vehicles on the market. That being said, it's not the most comfortable vehicle on the road, and it's not as fast as my Maxima. But, when I need to get somewhere no matter what the conditions, this is what I drive. It's unbelievable in snow, mud, and anything else you throw at it. I can literally drive circles around my friends F150s while they winch themselves out. Incredible reliability too. Only normal repairs that you would expect of an older vehicle: brakes, exhaust, alternator. My mother spent a fortune maintaining her Blazer. Too bad she didn't listen to me and get a Pathfinder.

My best friend
By nissan lover on 11/09/08 16:10 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I just love my pathfinder. I got it in 2003 with 110,000 miles on it and needed some work, nothing expensive, just some oil leeks. But she´s been a very loyal SUV. Had to replace the time chain 3 years ago and that's it. Runs great, never lets me down. Want to buy another one for my husband because he already got rid of 3 cars in lees than 2 years. Was going to sell it about 3 years ago because of money problems and i was crying like a baby. Decided to keep it and she´s the family car now. Great for a 17 year old car. Best SUV I ever owned. I will keep it for ever. She´s my best friend.

Love this truck!
By TerriB on 10/20/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I got this truck with 203,000 miles and have had to replace only the starter and the battery. It always starts and has no trouble with my very long bi-weekly drives. I look forward to driving this truck in the Colorado winter.

91 Pathfinder - Only Car I Ever Loved
By englishteacher845 on 06/15/07 15:33 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

This Pathfinder, which I bought in 2000, is a gem. I love this truck more than some people I've met, but frankly, it's more reliable! Thanks to a great mechanic who does its regular service, this Pathfinder continues to have excellent power, tight steering, and just the right amount of bounce (owing to a 2: body lift) to make it amazingly fun to drive. My only issue has been that 17 year old trucks, no matter who makes them, tend to begin to rust. My Pathfinder is no exception.

Awesome
By Cory on 03/29/06 18:46 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

My pathfinder has over 220,000 miles and still running strong. the only problem i had is the exaust manifold gasket, but easy to fix.

Fantastic
By Pato on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this SUV for 12 years. It has 180,000 miles on it. It has never let me down. Biggest repair was a new radiator. I am not real gentle on her and she keeps on running. I think I will easily get 250,000 out of this truck.

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6
By M Wernecke on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle I have ever owned. I am a Chevy salesman and I am more impressed with my Nissan than anything I have driven.

loyal dog
By djangosan on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I know it isn't the sexiest car around, but my Pathfinder has been nothing but solid, functional, and fun. This car takes me anywhere, hauls an enormous amount of gear, does well on gas (my hmpg is better than my friend's Outback!) does virtually anything I ask of it (I've never had it over 100mph), takes an incredible amount of abuse and just keeps bouncing back. They have one consistent problem: one exhaust manifold gasket blows at 120-150,000 miles, as the bolts shear off in the block. It's minor but costs about $700 to fix. That's about the only reason I can figure why the resale prices are so low. It's an incredible truck.

Solid SUV
By Uncle Sam on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This unit is built like a tank. I've taken it down to Baja on a regular basis and the vehicle has never let me down. I had to put modified shocks and a new brake system, but otherwise the repairs have been minor. I've put a Yakima rack on the roof to carry the boards and this is a highly recommended addition for the recreational crowd.