1990 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Reliable. Will not die.
By Robert on 12/05/09 13:18 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my pathy for almost 10 years now; bought it used in 2000 from a guy who babied it. I've treated it pretty harsh.. lot's of offroading excursions and suspension damage. But the pathy always seems to survive... I can't seem to kill it. The only major repairs I've done are suspension (most likely my fault) and I had to replace the clutch hydraulics at 140,000 miles.

1990 Pathfinder SE
By NewEnglandRover on 05/13/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Awesome truck, Nissan definitely did a good job and built it to last. Got used with just under 100,000 miles and it is still running strong with 235,000 miles. Only work done besides the basics (tires brakes belts timing...) was a transmission around 160,000 miles. Really shines offroad and in the winter with the 4x4. Just starting to rust, but after almost 20 years of reliability it is to be expected.

Built to last
By angel on 10/18/07 13:47 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this suv at 107000 miles and a brand new transmission, four years later and an extra 43000 miles, she is still going strong. I have replaced the water pump, timing belt, and alternator. For the age that she is, she has been very reliable for the most part. I would definitely recommend this car to someone.

My '90 'Finder
By Bob on 01/25/06 13:43 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Great overall vehicle, hope I can find another as reliable and economical when it finally goes. Used as a daily driver for over 9 years, as well as going skiing, camping, and horsing around off-road. True all-in-one vehicle. Never let me down or stranded me once. I've even had good hiway gas mileage, up to 24 mpg. Most newer "value priced" SUV's (Xterra, etc.) don't have all the features/capabilities this one had.

My '90 Pathfinder
By bobholz on 06/20/05 22:51 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had the Pathfinder since it was new and only had to replace a heater sensor in the first 10 years. After it was the usual maintenance, muffler, timing belt, tires, manifold bolt, and brakes. It is an exceptional vehicle that I take on long trips, because it is to reliable and fun to drive. "like handling a car on a rail"!

Love my Pathfinder
By Samantha Moore on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the most reliable auto I have ever owned. In fourteen years the only repairs were to replace the timing belt (it didn't break - Nissan recommended it be done) and I had some brake work this year. It could get through snow a little better, but all in all I have loved owning this car.

1990 Pathfinder, original owner
By Physco on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have close to 150,000 miles. The only major thing that needed fixing is the automatic transmission at about 120,000 miles. It was suggested that there is a possible design flaw that does not pump enough oil to the rear when running at high speeds. The oil flow was increased during the rebuild. It drives great through snow and ice. When I first got it, I drove it off road thought about 3 feet of fresh snow without being stuck. The view is great. It had the largest fuel tank of the SUVs I considered for purchase. Overall, the cost of ownership has been very low and I highly recomment it to anyone.

Confidence, fun, and buff!
By Phillip Moyte on 03/11/02 22:25 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This Nissan has over 150.000 miles on it and it runs awesome with no noise in the engine. Nothing squeeks and it still has a bunch of power. The four wheel drive is convenient and nessicary if your a young guy. Its tons of fun and very dependable. Get one!