1993 Nissan NX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific NX model:
BEST CAR EVER!
By steve on 01/08/10 14:11 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 1600 2dr Coupe

This car has never done me wrong. It has never failed to start, never hesitated to do what I ask it and has given me back far more than I could ever give it. It starts even in -40c (and below) every time. The only things I have had to replace are the fluids, breaks and tires. The spark plug went at just over 350,000km and original battery just recently gave out at 405,864km. Other than that I have never had to put a dime in it beyond rotations, 1 alignment and changing tires. It is unbelievable to me that Nissan stopped making this car as it is a blast to drive, out performs almost every car I've driven (except new cars) and is straight up amazing! It's never given me anything but it's best!

Awesome little car!!!
By Karissa on 10/14/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 2000 2dr Coupe

I just got this car from my sis-in- law. It has 160,000 miles on it and is still in great shape. I love to drive it. It is so much fun with the t-tops off and 30 miles to the gallon is just the ticket. I actually told my husband he can have the 2008 Camry cause I LOVE driving this one a lot more!

Big surprise
By Andrew on 10/26/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 2000 2dr Coupe

This car is by far the most outstanding surprise, very fast, comfortable and reliable, I am not crazy about the look but is good enough for the money.

None Better!
By gray ghost on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 2000 2dr Coupe

12 years new and still going strong. After 136000 miles the car still runs like new and has been dead reliable in all kinds of weather. Only routine maintenance and no problems! Nissan definitely missed the boat by only building "the egg" for 3 years.

NX'en the fun car
By thefuxer on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 1600 2dr Coupe

Nothing bad to report. The T-tops rock on a nice summer night. Nice peppy 1.6L with decent power.

They don't make 'em like this anymore...
By jconli1 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 2000 2dr Coupe

Didn't have any strong expectations, it wound up blowing me away. Torquey engine, impressive power, very impressive 32mpg economy. Bland cockpit, but the steering, shifter, and controls all offer very nice tactile feedback. With the rear seats folded down, the car offers tons of hauling space, par with most mini-SUVs. Lastly, T-tops? It's not a little roadster by any stretch of the imagination, but having that combination of power, versatility, economy, and still having the wind in your air makes it almost the perfect car!

SILENT ARROW
By RAMON on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 2000 2dr Coupe

Day by day that car run better.

an underated car
By Mrbarky on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 1600 2dr Coupe

i bought this car as a gas saver only and was pleasantly suprised by its pep in the city and its consistent ride on the highway. I've had no problems at all in the 30k miles i've owned it. I recommend this nissan to anyone.

Nissan NX 2000 is Great!
By Dan Decker on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 2000 2dr Coupe

Very reliable car all around. Engine is very powerful & reliable. Fun car! There is also lots of aftermarket support. Check out se-r.net, sentra.net.

Good Car - still going
By dmw on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan NX Hatchback 2000 2dr Coupe

Car has almost 120k miles on it and have had a couple problems: A/C doesn't work ($$ to repair) - use to cycle cool/warm air. Had to replace starter and also water pump. Replaced hatch struts too. Still on original clutch but there is some noise downshifting to 2nd so car will eventually need some work. MPG is around 24 on average. Use to get more. Car is starting to show/feel its age--running a little bit different, paint fading. The 195/55 tires don't offer many choices these days (only two). Overall decent car.