1991 Nissan NX 2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Nx - Consumer Reviews

1991 NX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific NX model:

Sort Reviews by

The baby skyline
By Ryan

1991 Nissan NX 2000 2dr Coupe

When I purchased this car I loved it. It needed a few new parts to get it running but when I got it running I absolutely loved it. The NX given the B13 chassis and the SE-R sport suspension made this a fun car to drive. The sound of the exhaust just gets my adrenaline pumping. It's been referred to as the baby skyline because of the potential that the engine and chassis have just like the skyline. Already great, well balanced car with even more room for improvements. I absolutely love my car. I have been rebuilding it for about a year now turning it into a good looking tuner street car. You will be hard pressed to find a more fun car to drive

Favorite Features

SE-R sport suspension, B13 chassis, SR20DE engine, sound of power

Suggested Improvements

Boost the horsepower and torque up a notch, offer a SE-R version just like the sentra

Bought new, still driving
By RRE

1991 Nissan NX 2000 2dr Coupe

Bought car new in 1991 to drive to work. Good acceleration, great handling, interior space is limited but what do you expect? MPG are in the low twenties but depends on how hard you drive it. No rust. The only problem is the struts to the hatchback, after two pair I use a broom. Its not like I use it for a truck.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

Should manufacture them again.

lightweight an zippy
By socalnx

1991 Nissan NX 2000 2dr Coupe

With a curb weight of around 2300, a 2litre motor makes this car go fast. Add some performance into the suspension, and this car will go fast around the bends too. Fun to drive and unique, avoid the automatic tranny to keep it real.

Favorite Features

OBD-I, easy to work on, ballanced motor.

Suggested Improvements

Put your first improvement dollars into the suspension.

Fun cheap car
By jimdeansmith

1991 Nissan NX 2000 2dr Coupe

Bought this car for my son a couple years ago, and since he has left I have been driving it. I did not pay much for it, and other than clutches, (2 in 55,000 miles, while being driven by a ticket magnet) it has been quite reliable. With the top off on a twisty mountain road, it is more fun than just about anything I have driven. Both fast and quick. Radio sucks, lots of the plastic is really starting to look bad, but for 2300 bucks, what do you want?

Favorite Features

Acceleration and handling, t-top

Suggested Improvements

Radio/speakers, clutch

12 years old and still a blast to drive.
By munibond

1991 Nissan NX 2000 2dr Coupe

Handling is first rate; this is a 2+1/2 passenger go-cart. Performance is pretty contemporary, 0-60 in 6.8 seconds if you can afford a new clutch every year and 7.4 seconds for the rest of us. Expect to get about 20 mpg in the city, 28mpg in mixed driving. The car is very pleasant to drive at highway speeds. Engine noise is muted and the car tracks beautifully. Seats are comfortable for two; consider the back seat for small kids only. Plenty of cargo room with the seat folded. Interior fabrics are look cheap and wear quickly. Radio stinks.

Favorite Features

Steering response, handling, straight line stabilty, shifter, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

A/C needs more capacity to handle all the glass area on a sunny day. Standard radio (there were no options)needs improvement. Dealer service has been unforgivably incompetent. Must have A/S or snow tires in winter

nx2000 5sp
By Mike Brooks

1991 Nissan NX 2000 2dr Coupe

I am very pleased with this car. Ihave used this review site with others to purchace a fine sports car. I bought it 1 month ago and I still look forward to driving it whenever i can. The layout of the interior is really good and seems to be very durable. The reaserch i made found that they are very reliable and even with 230,000 kms on it it is still using its origional clutch. This car is rare and if your looking for one get it inspected and have the history check by somthing like carfax.com. I found that most of these car are rip offs. It is an old rare popular inexpensive sports car and of course you will run into odomiter roll backs and abused cars.

Favorite Features

I really like: -handling (get good tires) -Acceleration -Looks (the black and the blue ones are georgeous) -T-Top manufactured with out the targa top ) -price

Suggested Improvements

if nissan brings this car back like they did the z it will be wicked Nissan knows how to make good cars(I meen the jap one only.) Buy this car and email me.