2015 Nissan NV200 Minivan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan NV200 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific NV200 model:

window needed on back passenger side
By Wendy Cloud

2015 Nissan NV200 Minivan S 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have windows in the back, but there should be a window built into the back passenger side. Not to open and close...just to look thru. Would be a lot safer.

NV200
By LEON COLF

2015 Nissan NV200 Minivan S 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Although not the fastest van off the line, it has plenty of power and will reach highway speeds long before you get to the end of the on ramp. The cargo space has been enough for all the tools and equipment I have had to carry in my handyman jobs. Ride is to the plus side of OK and turning into tight spots has been a breeze. Visibility for changing lanes lacks, but the blind spot mirrors on each side help a lot, so learning to drive it is in order. The instrument panel is set up nicely and the steering wheel controls are easy and accessible. After the first thousand miles the gas mileage has been above the sticker of 24 and 25, getting 27.5 around town and 30 on the road even with some weight in the back. Overall I have been very happy with it and it has actually gone over my expectations for it. I test drove the Ford version and was not as impressed.

great van
By Jose

2015 Nissan NV200 Minivan S 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Great cargo van for the price, can't ask for more. drove the ford transit and ram pro master city for a couple of weeks and found the nv200 to be a much better vehicle in almost every aspect, the reason I bought the nv200 . dealer warranty among the best. the only negative is the tires don't last very long, 15k the most, this vehicle needs bigger rims and tires and it could use a bit more horse power not much. so far I have not had a single issue with my van although its too early to say, love the way it handles and mpg is probably the best in its class. I don't carry much weight around so power is sufficient for me.

Excellent get-about
By Whitecrow

2015 Nissan NV200 Minivan S 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Pros: Great on gas and parking...shopping made easy. GPS system fantastic, exterior design awesome, topside mounting anchors for luggage rack excellent...double sliding doors made for exiting easy. Split rear windows(on mine) assist backing out-a little better. Makes for long distance drives fantastic. But, tight fit for large individuals to set comfortable... rear passengers seats should not be an option.
Cons: driver front seat comfort sucks-right arm rest made for child size individual. Large front side view construction design makes for poor blind-spots...extra caution taken at stop lights and cross walks. Also, front side rearview mirrors block side view when making lift or right turns...back up monitor needs to remote viewing control-left/right, for backing out safety.

Poor quality control, decent over all package
By Avacado

2015 Nissan NV200 Minivan S 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle because I wanted an efficient(for what it is) vehicle to haul stuff around with every once in a while, while still being able to drive it on a day-to-day basis. I chose the NV200 over it's competition because of it's over all, first impression of value. The adrian steel accessory package is very nice. My van had everything I needed and nothing I didn't. Cruise control, power windows, aux, rear window. It's the perfect NV200 for me.

But here is the sad part(and the reason I gave it a 2-star rating). The transmission shifts rough, not sure if this is normal or not but it's not smooth especially at crawling speeds. Once up to speed it handles just fine. It's not making any noises so I'm not complaining, but it's something to consider as my car only has 1,600 miles at the moment. Ever since I've had this van I've brought it in 3 times(4th time in a few days) for warranty work. First, all of the window/door gaskets were warped. Since I don't usually stare at the back doors, I just got the front window gasket replaced(with ones that weren't warped and wavy). I also noticed there is factory paint over-spray on the dash board. A lot of the panel gaps aren't even. Rust Sealant under the vehicle is poorly slapped on(makes me wonder what else is wrong with it). Door latches already broke at 1,500 miles. The will open but won't close. There is an annoying rattle that the dealer says is normal, even though for the first 1000 miles I heard nothing. Also the badges around the car are either not aligned right, or are loose and wiggle around.

Over all a decent tool for every day use but don't expect something that is well put together. The design, or intended design is great. Only problem is quality control(I assume because it's a 3-vin not a 1 or J like the other Nissan's I've had).

UPDATE: I am currently at 10,000 miles. The transmission has fixed itself, shifts smoother now. No mechanical issues so far. Rear drum brakes sqeak alittle which is an easy fix(brake lube). I've gotten used to the quality of the van so no complaints for now. I've put this van to work, it's held up well.