Great Truck Not Perfect But Close
By zonhonker on
2012 Nissan NV 3500 SV 3dr Van w/High Roof (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
I was driving to a chevy dealer to order a one ton cargo van. I have owned Chevys and been happy with them. I had a Ford Econoline and was not happy. On the way to the Chevy dealer I passed a Nissan dealer and decided to try the NV for the heck of it. I drive it one mile and it was all over. I bought it. I'm going to buy the passenger version pretty soon for my wife. Randomly, here are my thoughts...Great backup camera....much better than the ones on other cars I've had. The screen appears right on your rear view mirror so you don't have to look down at a dashboard screen....continued below...
Favorite Features
Love the ride, love the handling, Love the headroom. I got the high roof model. I don't used the extra headroom so much to stack although I do sometimes. I like it because I can stand up inside without crouching and move heavy objects back and forth. If you have a bad back I strongly recommend the high roof model. It has the tightest turning radius I've ever experienced in a full size van. Every time I make U- turns now I smile because I don't have to do a 3 pointer. Well placed handles on the rear and side doors to hoist yourself in and out. The engine is peppy and has a nice roar. The suspension is better than any van I've had. Not stiff at all.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage. I'm averaging 14MPG overall and the relatively small gas tank empties too quickly making it seem worse. The window sill is a nice arm rest but the plastic edge facing the window is SHARP and you can cut your fingers if you arent careful. I sanded mine till it was dull. Stupid oversight on a vehicle which has so many quality features. Some of the interior plastic pieces dont fit together as well as they could. The person in charge of QC plastic fit and finish interior parts should be fired...or go work for Ford where they'd fit right in. I bought aftermarket running boards because the first step is a little high. They should offer factory ones.