Used 2012 Nissan NV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan NV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific NV model:

Great Truck Not Perfect But Close
By zonhonker

2012 Nissan NV 3500 SV 3dr Van w/High Roof (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was driving to a chevy dealer to order a one ton cargo van. I have owned Chevys and been happy with them. I had a Ford Econoline and was not happy. On the way to the Chevy dealer I passed a Nissan dealer and decided to try the NV for the heck of it. I drive it one mile and it was all over. I bought it. I'm going to buy the passenger version pretty soon for my wife. Randomly, here are my thoughts...Great backup camera....much better than the ones on other cars I've had. The screen appears right on your rear view mirror so you don't have to look down at a dashboard screen....continued below...

Love the ride, love the handling, Love the headroom. I got the high roof model. I don't used the extra headroom so much to stack although I do sometimes. I like it because I can stand up inside without crouching and move heavy objects back and forth. If you have a bad back I strongly recommend the high roof model. It has the tightest turning radius I've ever experienced in a full size van. Every time I make U- turns now I smile because I don't have to do a 3 pointer. Well placed handles on the rear and side doors to hoist yourself in and out. The engine is peppy and has a nice roar. The suspension is better than any van I've had. Not stiff at all.

Gas mileage. I'm averaging 14MPG overall and the relatively small gas tank empties too quickly making it seem worse. The window sill is a nice arm rest but the plastic edge facing the window is SHARP and you can cut your fingers if you arent careful. I sanded mine till it was dull. Stupid oversight on a vehicle which has so many quality features. Some of the interior plastic pieces dont fit together as well as they could. The person in charge of QC plastic fit and finish interior parts should be fired...or go work for Ford where they'd fit right in. I bought aftermarket running boards because the first step is a little high. They should offer factory ones.

2500 sv high roof
By marvin356

2012 Nissan NV 2500 SV 3dr Van w/High Roof (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

2012 sv2500 high roof 5.6 V8 all options. Great leg room, most comfortable truck I have owned. Insulated and panled inside. Fuel miliage not so good. Try to drive for best fuel miliage .13.2 mpg hand calc.

2012 Nissan NV, 2500 SV, V6 Review
By mikeprs

2012 Nissan NV 2500 SV 3dr Van (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 9/26/11 . No technology option. Got rear window package, floor mats package and side air bag package. Gas mileage is based on your driving habits. I drive speed limit and do not accelerate quickly. Get about 16.5 to 17 mpg in city and on flat highway, no wind, going 65 mph I get 21 mpg. This is with no shelving or cargo in back. The inovations are great. See the ads . Van is more quite on hwy and city roads compared to Ford E250. Stereo is so so. Cab area is good. Lots of room to stow your stuff out of sight. Drives like a truck not like a van. After installing shelves and cargo van drives smoother and you don't feel the bumps as much. Don't know how reliable it is yet.

Cab space and fold down passenger seat. More space in cargo area. 273 degree rear doors. Rear sonar is great ! You can take this van into an automatic car wash ! Engine hood is great. No arm to hold up engine hood! I can stretch my legs out completely while on a long drive. V6 has good power on hwy when passing. Van drives like a truck. I got a comment from someone that thought it was a "pimped out van".

Can't think of anything at this time