2015 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

2015 Nissan Murano's Can Catch Fire
By Looking for Answers

2015 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My brand new Nissan Murano ​randomly caught fire ... trying to determine why
Nissan's marketing campaign is "innovation is what we do, excitement is your experience". You can say that again. We recently experienced Nissan's 'Innovation' in a horrific way. While at rest, in a mall parking lot, our Nissan Murano, with less than 6,000 miles on it, spontaneously caught fire from (what we suspect is) a faulty Nissan Murano Anti-lock Brake Actuator. The theory is that this device ignited a fire that consumed the entire front half of the vehicle. ​An electrical 'flashover' sent super heated toxic flames across the inside passenger compartment, of the Nissan Murano, reaching the rear window in seconds. It was not until the fire department arrived that the toxic event, inside the Nissan Murano, of super heated molten plastic, rubber, leather, fabric and metal was able to be extinguished. After the fire department's foaming exercise brought the lava like Nissan Murano inferno under control, we were left with an internally charred carcass of 'excitement' that was a total loss.

Nissan declined any attempts at discussion related to the event. Spokespeople for Nissan instructed us to work with our insurance provider or consult legal counsel, and that they were removing themselves from any liability or culpability. The dealership, Autonation Nissan Arapahoe, where the car had been the day before for an ABS light that had just appeared on the dash, took the same stance - work with your insurance company or seek legal counsel. We never got any answers on why it happened, why a vehicle, at rest, would ignite, burn and kick of a life altering event that continues to this day.

The research posted here is an attempt to understand 'why' this event occurred, and, until we gain knowledge of the cause, to warn others that they may be exposing their children, home, or other valuable assets to Nissan's life altering 'excitement'. Nissan owners and prospects, please be mindful and cautious.

​Official Nissan classification, under Case #22959375, is a "thermal event".

We'll post more as the marathon effort to gain answers continues ....
[non-permissible content removed]

Awesome!!
By LEO

2015 Nissan Murano SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When I decided to purchase a new car I had my heart set on the new Lincoln MKC. I went to the dealership to test drive one but was disappointed in how small it was. It was impossible to fit in the back seat and there was virtually no trunk space. I then went to the Volvo dealership to look at the C60 which had received top notch consumer reviews. Again I was disappointed. I went on to look at Mercedes, GMC, Chevrolet and Ford. I couldn't find one that I really liked until I drove by the Nissan dealership and saw the Murano. I thought the styling was unique and and totally unlike any SUV I had seen. After test driving one, I was sold. I ended up purchasing the Platinum addition with all the bells and whistles. Fast forward a year and 10,000 miles later. I still think this is an awesome car. It is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. I have a bad back and find most car seats aggravating. Not with the Murano. Trust me, if you buy one you will not be disappointed.

Murano better than Nissan Xterra
By F. Shpwrck

2015 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Blind spot on passenger rear wheel well side. wise smart looking car with excellent acceleration and traction. Sweet ride and comfortable interior. Instrumentation is easy and user friendly. Navigation GPS the easiest to use, I have ever seen. Good looking car with great torque and horsepower. Price is comfortable and affordable. Great MPG

4th Murano & counting
By Dale

2015 Nissan Murano SUV Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had a Murano since their inception...on my 4th one. Currently have a 2015 Platinum AWD...Mocha color with light interior. When I first got it I had everyone ask about it when ever I stopped for gas or wherever. Super comfy to drive though there is a hood glare when the sun is at a certain angle...no big deal. We have a home in Florida for winter & driving down in the Murano makes the 1750 mile trip enjoyable. Though gas mileage can suffer in town stop & go traffic (true for any SUV) gas mileage on the highway is great. We have got as much as 31 going down to Florida. Futuristic styling puts Murano above all the normal look SUVs. True of interior styling also. Much better then any SUV priced $5 grand more. Let me tell you about Nissan itself. Our first 2015 Murano was white. We had some trans problems & you know what Nissan did. Rather then try and figure out the problem (under warranty) which could have taken who knows how long they told us to go down to the Nissan dealer in our home town & pick out another new Murano & they would take the white back. NO CHARGE!!! Dealer didn't have another white one on hand so we took the Mocha color rather then wait for a white one to come in or do a dealer trade. Love the Mocha. Now what does that tell you about NISSAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge Blind Spots
By M Geary

2015 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car is beautiful and has a great ride. The only problem we have found is that there are large blind spots over the back wheel wells, especially on the passenger side. Short of moving the side mirrors every time a lane change was needed, I don't know how anyone could be assured that no one is beside them.