Used 2013 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

So far - so good.
By Teresa Lehmann

2013 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned the car 4 weeks now. Only challenge I've had is one of the two fobs does not work.

Best there is
By Art

2013 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very reliable vehicle. You can drive with pride.

By bravindran

2013 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking to buy a crossover and compared RX350, ACURA RDX and CX9. After a deep analysis and with several test drives between these vehicles then I settle down with Murano. The build quality of interior, ride comfort, smoothness and value for money is really high for Murano when compare to other crossover vehicles. If I really need of third row then CX9 is my next choice. But I liked this two row crossover because I sensed the size of the vehicle is well balanced and appropriate to drive.

High interior quality, ride comfort, posh exterior design and value.

My 4th Murano 2013 SL w/Nav
By scubadave1

Leased 9/26/13.
After shopping and test driving a whole bunch of cars, I decided to stay with Murano for my 4th time.(39 month lease)
The CVT is unmatched for a smooth ride and the addition of a navigation package was smart idea on my part.
I gave only "average" ratings on design because it's been unchanged in 10 years, not a negative, just not anything new.
The Blind spot monitoring is a great feature, although it'll take me a while to trust it.
Build quality and reliability on my last 3 Murano's has been perfect, I've got my fingers crossed that the 2013 model continues that trend.

Navigation - no more GPS's hanging from the windshield. Most features operated by voice recognition. Phone/bluetooth - improved from 2010 model. It now reads your iPhone's Contacts and permanently saves them. According to dealer, can do this for 5 different phones. Blind Spot monitoring - makes lane changes safer. Heated leather seats - comfortable. Power rear seat recline - referring to lying the back seats flat so you have more storage space. Strange that the Infiniti QX70, which costs $20K more, doesn't have that feature. CVT - very smooth driving. I've heard horror stories of them dying when the mileage creeps up, but with a 39 month lease, I've been lucky.

Some kind of style change. How much longer can I keep buying the same car? 360 degree camera view - it's in the Rogue & Pathfinder, plus competitors' cars. It's time, Nissan. Storage space - how about a little more hidden storage space under the rear floor? There's only one compartment in the 2013 Murano, versus 2 in the the 2010, plus the underfloor tray that had 3 indented storage areas. Maybe there's room for a drawer or tray under the seats?

Generally happy after 37,000 miles
By jeep53

2013 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Well, I'm finally getting around to writing another review for my 2013 Nissan Murano SL. I've now had this car for two and a half years and have 37,000 miles on it.

Pros:

Nice amenities except I didn't put out the extra 2,100 for GPS. Love the panoramic sunroof. Seats are extremely comfortable. Power driver's seat and passenger seat are nice feature. Pretty good power for a CVT transmission. Decent fuel economy but not great. Good Bose sound system. Fit and finish is good. Bluetooth generally works good. Rearview camera is a must and is very helpful. Nice ride overall and quiet on the road. Love the power trunk opener and Nissan's keyless system. You never need to take the key out of your pocket.

Cons:

Daytime running lights should be standard on this car. I understand now most Nissan models have them. Interior materials seems to scratch easily. Headlights are not LED like my 2011 Rogue had. They are not powerful enough. High beams need to be better too.

Overall, I like this midsize SUV and have had really no problems in the time I've had it. Hope it continues. In the future I will take a look at the redesigned Murano and see whether it's worth making a change. I would recommend this vehicle if you're looking for a reliable midsized SUV.