My 4th Murano 2013 SL w/Nav
By scubadave1 on
2013 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Leased 9/26/13. After shopping and test driving a whole bunch of cars, I decided to stay with Murano for my 4th time.(39 month lease) The CVT is unmatched for a smooth ride and the addition of a navigation package was smart idea on my part. I gave only "average" ratings on design because it's been unchanged in 10 years, not a negative, just not anything new. The Blind spot monitoring is a great feature, although it'll take me a while to trust it. Build quality and reliability on my last 3 Murano's has been perfect, I've got my fingers crossed that the 2013 model continues that trend.
Favorite Features
Navigation - no more GPS's hanging from the windshield. Most features operated by voice recognition. Phone/bluetooth - improved from 2010 model. It now reads your iPhone's Contacts and permanently saves them. According to dealer, can do this for 5 different phones. Blind Spot monitoring - makes lane changes safer. Heated leather seats - comfortable. Power rear seat recline - referring to lying the back seats flat so you have more storage space. Strange that the Infiniti QX70, which costs $20K more, doesn't have that feature. CVT - very smooth driving. I've heard horror stories of them dying when the mileage creeps up, but with a 39 month lease, I've been lucky.
Suggested Improvements
Some kind of style change. How much longer can I keep buying the same car? 360 degree camera view - it's in the Rogue & Pathfinder, plus competitors' cars. It's time, Nissan. Storage space - how about a little more hidden storage space under the rear floor? There's only one compartment in the 2013 Murano, versus 2 in the the 2010, plus the underfloor tray that had 3 indented storage areas. Maybe there's room for a drawer or tray under the seats?