Used 2013 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

By bravindran

2013 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking to buy a crossover and compared RX350, ACURA RDX and CX9. After a deep analysis and with several test drives between these vehicles then I settle down with Murano. The build quality of interior, ride comfort, smoothness and value for money is really high for Murano when compare to other crossover vehicles. If I really need of third row then CX9 is my next choice. But I liked this two row crossover because I sensed the size of the vehicle is well balanced and appropriate to drive.

Favorite Features

High interior quality, ride comfort, posh exterior design and value.

My 4th Murano 2013 SL w/Nav
By scubadave1

2013 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Leased 9/26/13. After shopping and test driving a whole bunch of cars, I decided to stay with Murano for my 4th time.(39 month lease) The CVT is unmatched for a smooth ride and the addition of a navigation package was smart idea on my part. I gave only "average" ratings on design because it's been unchanged in 10 years, not a negative, just not anything new. The Blind spot monitoring is a great feature, although it'll take me a while to trust it. Build quality and reliability on my last 3 Murano's has been perfect, I've got my fingers crossed that the 2013 model continues that trend.

Favorite Features

Navigation - no more GPS's hanging from the windshield. Most features operated by voice recognition. Phone/bluetooth - improved from 2010 model. It now reads your iPhone's Contacts and permanently saves them. According to dealer, can do this for 5 different phones. Blind Spot monitoring - makes lane changes safer. Heated leather seats - comfortable. Power rear seat recline - referring to lying the back seats flat so you have more storage space. Strange that the Infiniti QX70, which costs $20K more, doesn't have that feature. CVT - very smooth driving. I've heard horror stories of them dying when the mileage creeps up, but with a 39 month lease, I've been lucky.

Suggested Improvements

Some kind of style change. How much longer can I keep buying the same car? 360 degree camera view - it's in the Rogue & Pathfinder, plus competitors' cars. It's time, Nissan. Storage space - how about a little more hidden storage space under the rear floor? There's only one compartment in the 2013 Murano, versus 2 in the the 2010, plus the underfloor tray that had 3 indented storage areas. Maybe there's room for a drawer or tray under the seats?

2013 Nissan Murano, SL AWD Like it a lot so far!
By jeep53

2013 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've only the this SUV for a couple months now and have put on about 3,500 miles. I love the way it handles. The V-6 has enough power for my liking, along with the CVT. It is a very quiet and smooth drive compared to the 2011 Rogue I had before. Love the techology package and the panoramic sunroof. The manual says to use premium fuel but we've been fine with regular. Overall, I have no regrets with this vehicle. I like the exterior style, although I know it's not for everyone's taste. The fit and finish inside is excellent. I will write another review after six months.

Favorite Features

Power heated seats; dual panoramic sunroof; power liftgate; Bose radio, backup camera; comfort of front seats; easy to enter and exit;

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage; The trunk area could be a little bigger as other SUV's in this class are. It should have daytime running lights and also lamps on the side mirrors for the price of this vehicle. It should also include GPS at this level without adding another $2,100 for the package. The backseat area could have a little more leg room, but I'm being a little picky about that.