LE Platinum Is Good But Worth $40,000?
By imthebull on
2012 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I came from a BMW 3-series so this is a complete change of vehicle for me. I do like the car. I like how it rides and handles. Love the interior design and the high-end accessories like the heated seats and steering wheel. The Nav is like any other as is the bluetooth so it's fine. Rear camera is actually nice once you get used to it. It does help. In all, it's a very nice SUV. I think the brakes could use an upgrade to help it stop faster. I think the gas mileage could be better. I'm HOPING that it's more reliable than my BMW. That's why I bought it. Nissan vs BMW reliability. I can deal with the other stuff I suppose as long as its reliable. I was gonna' spend $40K either way on a car.
Favorite Features
The interior on the LE Platinum is very elegant. I've had people who didn't know what kind of car it was say "what is this, a Lexus"? Heated front/rear seats and steering wheel is also very nice for the winter months. Ride is very smooth even on the 20" wheels that come on the LE Platinum. Rear camera is a nice touch. Plenty of cargo space and both rear seats will recline back or completely collapse forward.
Suggested Improvements
The braking system is subpar in my opinion. I frequently have to go from 50 mph to zero on the X-Way during stop and go commutes and stopping this car quickly can be very dicey. For $40,000 the brakes should be more like a BMW. Gas mileage avg 23 mpg which is what was listed (18-23). I've put 6,000 miles on it going a mix of highway and backroads 100 miles per day to/from work. I believe that the Grande Cherokee advertises 28 mpg. Not sure why this car can't get that.