2012 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: The best mid-size SUV/Crossove

2012 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Review

The best mid-size SUV/Crossover I drove
By dhb68 on

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I test drove several mid-size SUV/Crossovers and the Murano was not even on my radar because of it's "moon mobile" looks although I had read great reviews on Edmunds and CR. After a very uninspriring test drive of a Highlander Limited I decided to stop at the Nissan dealership next to the Toyota dealer and give the Murano a spin before heading home since I was already there. That changed my impression of the Murano immediately! Get behind the wheel of one after trying out all of the others and you'll understand why Murano owners are loyal. The interior is on par with an Infiniti and the driving dynamics are wonderful. The more I drive it the more I appreciate it. Love the smooth CVT!!

Interior fit and finish. Have grown to appreciate the exterior styling. Road and wind noise are muted and it is a very quiet ride. Handling is excellent. Absorbs road irregularities for a smooth ride. Seats are sublime, very comfortable and supportive. CVT is buttery smooth and responsive. Gas mileage is not too bad... get 25 mpg Highway and around 22 mpg in mixed driving. Very roomy back seats and nice that they also recline.

LED daytime running lights should be standard... they are an expensive dealer installed option. I opted for the NAV package so I could get bluetooth audio... shouldn't have to get a Nav package for a $40,000 vehicle to get bluetooth audio in 2012.