Used 2012 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Very happy with my Murano
By lefty54

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I looked at the Enclave and Acadia. I looked at the Equinox and Terrain. I thought about the Forrester. But at the end of the day the Murano was the best of the bunch. I wanted a quiet vehicle and I wanted a smooth ride. The Murano is whisper quiet and smooth as silk. The Nissan V-6 is a proven engine and highly regarded. I highly recommend the Murano.

Favorite Features

The V-6 is great. The CVT is so smooth. The bluetooth pairs with my iphone perfectly every time. The seats are very comfortable and the Murano is very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change a thing.

So far, we love this car!
By chris303

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought an SV front wheel drive, and traded in a 2005 Toyota Matrix. With about 3000 miles on it, we've been very impressed. The interior is very upscale, with excellent fit and finish. Motor is very strong. One it's best traits is one of the worst in other vehicles: the CVT transmission. In most other vehicles I've driven with a CVT, the engine drones and the vehicle is sluggish. Not so the Murano! The drivetrain is quiet and this thing takes off! Plenty of room. We love the tilt back rear seats and dual sunroof. Gas mileage has been 25-27 highway.

Favorite Features

Ride, power and interior.

Suggested Improvements

Not a huge fan of the front end styling and it's a little pricey. Also adjustable pedals would be nice for my 5 foot tall wife.

2012 SL AWD with Navigation
By vancouver83

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really enjoy the ride of this car. We went to upstate NY in a snow storm and the car did very well. Overall driving is very smooth. I miss the additional power my Maxima had eventhough they share the same engine.

Favorite Features

Smoothness of the ride, technology features easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom, option to have the SL and LE without the sunroof (adds 3 inches of headroom)

Glad to have it!
By tim2628

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I have not been able to afford a Murano until now, and are glad to have it. You truly can't beat the comfort or power in this thing. We had a 2010 Altima with all the specs, and that doesn't even compare to the Murano. We averaged about 23MPG from Florida to Illinois and back with a fully loaded and weighed down vehicle (plenty of space). Handled excellent in Chicago and Atlanta traffic with plenty of power when I needed it. No issues at all. If I baby it, it will get close to 28MPG, or 19MPG if I have too much fun. Was hoping it got closer to 28MPG with normal highway driving (70-80MPH), but 23MPG is still great. LOVE IT!!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Sirius XM, rear air, hand controls.

Suggested Improvements

Possibly make it 3rd row fold down seating like other vehicles of this size I've seen, better fuel efficiency, LED headlights like the Audi's have.

Extremely bad mileage car!
By ozhukhov

2012 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Don't have a hope that the car will give you 18-23 mpg city/highway! In fact, it may be way below fine printed 14-20 mpg. I was unlucky to by Nissan Murano S AWD 2012 in July 2012. The car makes only 11-13 miles per gallon even if I drive very smoothly. It is bad in city and bad on highway. Checked with the service in the dealership - they found nothing wrong with the car. Third time the service director took the car on the series of test drives and measured the mileage himself. Not looking at the cluster display but actually running the car, measuring miles, topping the fuel and calculating the mileage. The numbers went out the same: 11-13 mpg. Nissan doesn't want to take the car back!

Favorite Features

Driving is smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Improve mileage! Don't be so cheap with the radio unit! It even can't identify songs played (mot cheaper cars do, my old Volvo 2001 does it).