2012 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Very happy with my Murano
By lefty54 on 05/30/13 19:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I looked at the Enclave and Acadia. I looked at the Equinox and Terrain. I thought about the Forrester. But at the end of the day the Murano was the best of the bunch. I wanted a quiet vehicle and I wanted a smooth ride. The Murano is whisper quiet and smooth as silk. The Nissan V-6 is a proven engine and highly regarded. I highly recommend the Murano.

So far, we love this car!
By chris303 on 04/26/13 19:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought an SV front wheel drive, and traded in a 2005 Toyota Matrix. With about 3000 miles on it, we've been very impressed. The interior is very upscale, with excellent fit and finish. Motor is very strong. One it's best traits is one of the worst in other vehicles: the CVT transmission. In most other vehicles I've driven with a CVT, the engine drones and the vehicle is sluggish. Not so the Murano! The drivetrain is quiet and this thing takes off! Plenty of room. We love the tilt back rear seats and dual sunroof. Gas mileage has been 25-27 highway.

2012 SL AWD with Navigation
By vancouver83 on 01/04/13 21:47 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really enjoy the ride of this car. We went to upstate NY in a snow storm and the car did very well. Overall driving is very smooth. I miss the additional power my Maxima had eventhough they share the same engine.

Glad to have it!
By tim2628 on 11/13/12 00:54 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I have not been able to afford a Murano until now, and are glad to have it. You truly can't beat the comfort or power in this thing. We had a 2010 Altima with all the specs, and that doesn't even compare to the Murano. We averaged about 23MPG from Florida to Illinois and back with a fully loaded and weighed down vehicle (plenty of space). Handled excellent in Chicago and Atlanta traffic with plenty of power when I needed it. No issues at all. If I baby it, it will get close to 28MPG, or 19MPG if I have too much fun. Was hoping it got closer to 28MPG with normal highway driving (70-80MPH), but 23MPG is still great. LOVE IT!!

Extremely bad mileage car!
By ozhukhov on 09/12/12 16:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Don't have a hope that the car will give you 18-23 mpg city/highway! In fact, it may be way below fine printed 14-20 mpg. I was unlucky to by Nissan Murano S AWD 2012 in July 2012. The car makes only 11-13 miles per gallon even if I drive very smoothly. It is bad in city and bad on highway. Checked with the service in the dealership - they found nothing wrong with the car. Third time the service director took the car on the series of test drives and measured the mileage himself. Not looking at the cluster display but actually running the car, measuring miles, topping the fuel and calculating the mileage. The numbers went out the same: 11-13 mpg. Nissan doesn't want to take the car back!

Excellent Crossover!
By bronco38 on 08/24/12 07:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After driving several Crossovers like a Buick Enclave, GMC Terrain and a few others we drove this and loved it. It has a great response and handling and the interior is well put together, fun and sophisticated. It has a lot of technology built in it and it is all user friendly too. Strong engine and we look forward to having a lot of fun in it for a long time

LE Platinum Is Good But Worth $40,000?
By imthebull on 06/24/12 15:52 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I came from a BMW 3-series so this is a complete change of vehicle for me. I do like the car. I like how it rides and handles. Love the interior design and the high-end accessories like the heated seats and steering wheel. The Nav is like any other as is the bluetooth so it's fine. Rear camera is actually nice once you get used to it. It does help. In all, it's a very nice SUV. I think the brakes could use an upgrade to help it stop faster. I think the gas mileage could be better. I'm HOPING that it's more reliable than my BMW. That's why I bought it. Nissan vs BMW reliability. I can deal with the other stuff I suppose as long as its reliable. I was gonna' spend $40K either way on a car.

The best mid-size SUV/Crossover I drove
By dhb68 on 06/12/12 11:10 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I test drove several mid-size SUV/Crossovers and the Murano was not even on my radar because of it's "moon mobile" looks although I had read great reviews on Edmunds and CR. After a very uninspriring test drive of a Highlander Limited I decided to stop at the Nissan dealership next to the Toyota dealer and give the Murano a spin before heading home since I was already there. That changed my impression of the Murano immediately! Get behind the wheel of one after trying out all of the others and you'll understand why Murano owners are loyal. The interior is on par with an Infiniti and the driving dynamics are wonderful. The more I drive it the more I appreciate it. Love the smooth CVT!!

Not what we exoected
By jmartinco on 03/30/12 07:46 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bottom line, here's what we're disappointed with: Leather seats are nice, but stiff and not comparable to the comfort in Volvo, BMW, VW or Lexus. Very noisy cabin...as bad on the highway as the 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe we were replacing. The rear view is definitely compromised...and seems dangerous. Exterior design sacrifices size for a sleek look, making it more difficult to park and maneuver than it should be. Navigation not user friendly. Dealership didn't give accurate info about the pricing incentives, making us decide on this vehicle prematurely. MPG disappointing. Would we buy it again? No way.

Comfortable and Elegant...
By halwg on 03/22/12 06:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2012 SL AWD in December 2011. I now have a little over 3 months on the vehicle and I'm very pleased. The vehicle is comfortable, powerful, and the CVT is extremely smooth. Fit and finish is very good, and the utility of the vehicle is much better than my 2005 Maxima.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Murano Suv in VA is:

$155 per month*