2011 Murano SL vs. 2009 Murano LE
By stradivarius on
2011 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I purchased a 2009 Murano LE September 2008 and recently traded for 2011 SL @ 74K miles. The '09 was my first Nissan and I really liked it so I opted for another. The SL now has the power lift gate and memory seats which are important to me so I did not need LE. For the most part the vehicles are very similar. The '11 seems to ride and handle better with 18"wheels vs. 20". I also seem to be getting better gas mileage which should improve when broken in. Biggest gripe is voice recognition of bluetooth is horrible vs. '09. Also I can't believe that Nissan did away with cd changer on $39K vehicle which I did not catch before buying. As far as headlights not being xenon, I can't tell difference.
Favorite Features
Heated steering wheel, great handling, incredibly smooth, fun to drive, new front grill and rear lights, non orange lighting on guages, excellent sound system.
Suggested Improvements
Voice recognition on bluetooth is awful, eliminating cd changer is totally bogus, improve gas mileage, need to update color choices beyond the new blue color