So much more refined than any competitor!
By meister04 on
2011 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Looked at pretty much everything except the American brands (sorry, they just can't compete for the money they charge), and went with the 2WD Murano LE based on the "fit" (I'm 6'-4") and finish of the interior, and the good looks of the exterior. The Murano is a couple thousand $ more than a Kia, Outback, Hyundai, or Mazda, but the refined interior (i.e., high quality materials, absolutely superb electronics, and solid driving feel) combined with an overall solid build quality make the extra $ well worth it. Previously owned a massive gas-sucking Nissan Armada, so this was quite a step down in size, but a HUGE step up in comfort and interior refinement. Overall: I REALLY like this car.
Favorite Features
Ipod connectivity w/control through the stereo; Blue-tooth is solid; Incredible electronics and touch-screen user controls; Great looking 20" wheels; Panoramic sunroof; Still have lots to discover on the electronics (NAV, Music Box, etc.), but the look and feel and touchscreen user experience are by far the best I've seen in any vehicle. By far! Fuel economy is looking good thus far - averaging appx 24 MPG in 50/50 mixed driving. I'll take that over 14.6 on the gas-sucking Armada. Gas prices were a primary driver in my getting rid of the Armada, and so far the Murano is performing well.
Suggested Improvements
Parking sensors (Armada had them, can't believe this car does not); Maybe just a "touch" more range on moving the seat back. I can certainly live with what's there (or wouldn't have bought the vehicle), but an extra 1/2" would have been perfect for someone of my height.