2011 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Very Safe
By gcstin on 09/29/13 18:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In was hit on the driver's side by a drunk driver. Thanks to God, my seat belt, and the design of the car, I only received minor injuries. My Murano was declared a total lost. Keep up the good work.

2011 Nissan Murano SL
By miggie518 on 09/12/12 22:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had a 2009 murano SL and I just loved it excellent handling.Now that I have the new 2011 SL model I couldn't be happier.

just love it
By victorwu2004 on 08/22/12 09:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

just bought 2011 murano S, for 20k, can't be happier, it won over edge, ecape, and chav hands down. feel like I am driving a Lexus, only paid 20K, what a deal. quiet ride, very fine and up scale internal, sexy shape, just can't beat it in anyway only thing I can think of to improve is gas mileage, I got around 17-18 combine so far,

What a surprise!!
By peggr on 02/01/12 06:28 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had my head set on the Ford Edge, being a Ford customer for nearly 20 years. We drove the Lincoln equivalent, finding it disappointingly noisy. We were introduced to the Nissan LE and it was love before we even got out of the parking lot. Test drive just sealed the deal. We bought used, so color availability was a compromise, but I'm getting used to it and love the tan interier and all of the "toys". Can't wait to use the Music box - fortunately last owner must have been in our age group as her downloaded music suits us fine and gives us some enjoyment while learning all about our new vehicle.

Good choice
By miguel726 on 10/25/11 05:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After testing several SUVs I found the Murano and Ford Edge at the top of the list. The Edge shows a nice screen with tons of options but after a test drive the Murano won over the Edge. More power, quiet transmission, more leg room on rear seats, very good radio. I use the Music Box to store my favorite songs. Rear visibility is not good, the rear view camera helps. At the end I bought the SL trim.

Super Smooth Crossover
By faztang1 on 08/04/11 13:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very happy with my decision to get the Murano. It came down to the Nissan or the Ford Edge. The Edge had a few more "gee whiz" features that were cool, but when it came to the most important thing, how does the car drive, the Murano won hands down. Super smooth transmission, plenty of power, and decent gas mileage for and SUV. TONS of leg room space for rear passengers. Gripes are few, rear visibility is a little difficult (the back up camera helps a lot). I'm also not a huge fan of the radio controls but it's not that big of a deal. If you are looking for an SUV in the 30-35K range make sure Murano is on your list!

Love my Murano!
By jazzykendra on 06/30/11 22:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I chose the Murano S. I find my new vehicle fun to drive and easy to navigate. It's reliable and I love the design of the vehicle, both the interior and the exterior.

So much more refined than any competitor!
By meister04 on 04/26/11 20:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Looked at pretty much everything except the American brands (sorry, they just can't compete for the money they charge), and went with the 2WD Murano LE based on the "fit" (I'm 6'-4") and finish of the interior, and the good looks of the exterior. The Murano is a couple thousand $ more than a Kia, Outback, Hyundai, or Mazda, but the refined interior (i.e., high quality materials, absolutely superb electronics, and solid driving feel) combined with an overall solid build quality make the extra $ well worth it. Previously owned a massive gas-sucking Nissan Armada, so this was quite a step down in size, but a HUGE step up in comfort and interior refinement. Overall: I REALLY like this car.

Better Than Expected
By such on 04/24/11 05:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased an AWD LE with all the opt'ns. We are a family of 4; 2 girls 5'8", 1 girl at 5' & 1 male at 6'2". We have a Sequoia 3 row in addition to the Murano. The Murano is so easy to maneuver at malls & parallel parking. The auto lift gate is very easy to access, especially when hands are full. Highway driving is very NICE even w 20" wheels. It has a very smooth ride, don't feel the highway but it's also not too "soft" of a ride. My mom has the '04 & there are so many impvts in both quality of ride & fit & finish of interior components. The space is great 99% of the time. No prob for people space on trips but I'm getting cargo box for luggage with all 4 of us (my girls do pack a lot)

2011 Murano SL vs. 2009 Murano LE
By stradivarius on 03/04/11 06:41 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2009 Murano LE September 2008 and recently traded for 2011 SL @ 74K miles. The '09 was my first Nissan and I really liked it so I opted for another. The SL now has the power lift gate and memory seats which are important to me so I did not need LE. For the most part the vehicles are very similar. The '11 seems to ride and handle better with 18"wheels vs. 20". I also seem to be getting better gas mileage which should improve when broken in. Biggest gripe is voice recognition of bluetooth is horrible vs. '09. Also I can't believe that Nissan did away with cd changer on $39K vehicle which I did not catch before buying. As far as headlights not being xenon, I can't tell difference.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Murano Suv in VA is:

$126 per month*