Used 2011 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Pretty happy so far
By golfinwi

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2011 used with 27,000 mi. Have 42,000 now. Replaced our 2001 Infiniti Qx4, which we loved. The Murano is not the same, but close. Very happy with the ride, looks, reliability so far (except we had a popping noise in the back which we finally tracked to the woofer in the radio...rather than replace the radio for $800, we had the woofer disconnected for $120.) Mileage is ok...20 overall. Solid, no rattles, firm yet comfy ride. We did replace the battery early on as the car was dead three times in 2 weeks. Finally realized that I, and my grandson, were leAving the ignition on "accessory".....BAD design.....if you hit the ignition button by mistake twice when you shut off the car, it goes to "accessory" with no indication whatsoever on the dash...no light or warning bell.......I am very careful, and have to tell everyone who borrows the vehicle to be sure and just pop the ignition button ONCE when they are shutting it off...!!!!! I cannot believe the engineers at Nissan didnt catch this. I did notice another reviewer here noted he had to replace his battery twice....this may have been the culprit. I'll take keys anyday vs this key less stuff.

willd bill
By William Rowe

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

simple reason why I hate my Murano
By Rich

2011 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As much as I have enjoyed my 2011 Murano in many wayw, I cannot forgive the glaring problem of the engineering of the front seats. It is a problem that obviously gets chuckles and is not take seriously, but when I buy my next car, it will be the first thing I test. Here is the problem. If you drop something out of your pocket while sitting in the front seat.... INCLUDING YOUR KEY.... it is lost. forget it. You cannot reach a hand down from any angle to get it back. The engineers of the seats of this car have my life-long and ever after enduring hatred. They are scum. That is my review, and that is the reason I will never buy another Nissan.

No More Nissans for me!
By JBC

2011 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My first and LAST Nissan! I value dependability above everything else, and this car has not met my needs.
2011 Murano, 85,000 mi, serviced by the book, garage kept. 1) Battery went completely dead twice 18 mos apart. No lights, etc left on. Nissan dealer says "we dunno". Can't trust car to be ready to go when needed. 2) 85,000 mi, A/C compressor failed. $1100 repair. 3) Also, eats up tires; I'm on my third set. And I bought good tires.

Very Safe
By gcstin

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In was hit on the driver's side by a drunk driver.
Thanks to God, my seat belt, and the design of the car, I only received minor injuries.
My Murano was declared a total lost.
Keep up the good work.