2011 Nissan Murano S SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2011 Murano Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Sort Reviews by

Very Safe
By gcstin

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In was hit on the driver's side by a drunk driver. Thanks to God, my seat belt, and the design of the car, I only received minor injuries. My Murano was declared a total lost. Keep up the good work.

Favorite Features

Rear back up camera.

2011 Nissan Murano SL
By miggie518

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had a 2009 murano SL and I just loved it excellent handling.Now that I have the new 2011 SL model I couldn't be happier.

Favorite Features

It feels like it has a sports tuned suspension it hugs the road the navigation bluetooth for streaming music and syncing up my tablet work great the bose sound system is just awesome yes you lose the cd changer but you gain a 8 gig music box holds about 150 hours of music. you no longer have to carry around cd's just load them into the cd and it records it to the music box keep your cd's home. you also have a usb port and ipod connection. I do not have any issues with rear visability the rearview camera is great. the traction control works great in rain and snow. I drive 60 miles a day to work everday and I Drive the heck out of my murano and enjoy all the comfort and gadgets and safety

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milage, a lighter and ash try for smokers.And put back the rear cargo organizer the 09 had.

just love it
By victorwu2004

2011 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

just bought 2011 murano S, for 20k, can't be happier, it won over edge, ecape, and chav hands down. feel like I am driving a Lexus, only paid 20K, what a deal. quiet ride, very fine and up scale internal, sexy shape, just can't beat it in anyway only thing I can think of to improve is gas mileage, I got around 17-18 combine so far,

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage

What a surprise!!
By peggr

2011 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had my head set on the Ford Edge, being a Ford customer for nearly 20 years. We drove the Lincoln equivalent, finding it disappointingly noisy. We were introduced to the Nissan LE and it was love before we even got out of the parking lot. Test drive just sealed the deal. We bought used, so color availability was a compromise, but I'm getting used to it and love the tan interier and all of the "toys". Can't wait to use the Music box - fortunately last owner must have been in our age group as her downloaded music suits us fine and gives us some enjoyment while learning all about our new vehicle.

Favorite Features

Integrated control center, blue tooth capability for both of our cell phones, Music box, traction control (my husband made me list it), wonderful heated seats front and back! Heated steering wheel (oh, joy). I could go on....

Suggested Improvements

Need to drive it longer...handling is so much different from my little Ford truck (giggle, giggle).

Good choice
By miguel726

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After testing several SUVs I found the Murano and Ford Edge at the top of the list. The Edge shows a nice screen with tons of options but after a test drive the Murano won over the Edge. More power, quiet transmission, more leg room on rear seats, very good radio. I use the Music Box to store my favorite songs. Rear visibility is not good, the rear view camera helps. At the end I bought the SL trim.

Favorite Features

Transmission, excellent leather, radio, bluetooth with Nissan voice activated. Rear oower liftgate door.

Suggested Improvements

More room on doors to store travel items.

Super Smooth Crossover
By faztang1

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very happy with my decision to get the Murano. It came down to the Nissan or the Ford Edge. The Edge had a few more "gee whiz" features that were cool, but when it came to the most important thing, how does the car drive, the Murano won hands down. Super smooth transmission, plenty of power, and decent gas mileage for and SUV. TONS of leg room space for rear passengers. Gripes are few, rear visibility is a little difficult (the back up camera helps a lot). I'm also not a huge fan of the radio controls but it's not that big of a deal. If you are looking for an SUV in the 30-35K range make sure Murano is on your list!

Love my Murano!
By jazzykendra

2011 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I chose the Murano S. I find my new vehicle fun to drive and easy to navigate. It's reliable and I love the design of the vehicle, both the interior and the exterior.

Favorite Features

Style of the vehicle!

So much more refined than any competitor!
By meister04

2011 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Looked at pretty much everything except the American brands (sorry, they just can't compete for the money they charge), and went with the 2WD Murano LE based on the "fit" (I'm 6'-4") and finish of the interior, and the good looks of the exterior. The Murano is a couple thousand $ more than a Kia, Outback, Hyundai, or Mazda, but the refined interior (i.e., high quality materials, absolutely superb electronics, and solid driving feel) combined with an overall solid build quality make the extra $ well worth it. Previously owned a massive gas-sucking Nissan Armada, so this was quite a step down in size, but a HUGE step up in comfort and interior refinement. Overall: I REALLY like this car.

Favorite Features

Ipod connectivity w/control through the stereo; Blue-tooth is solid; Incredible electronics and touch-screen user controls; Great looking 20" wheels; Panoramic sunroof; Still have lots to discover on the electronics (NAV, Music Box, etc.), but the look and feel and touchscreen user experience are by far the best I've seen in any vehicle. By far! Fuel economy is looking good thus far - averaging appx 24 MPG in 50/50 mixed driving. I'll take that over 14.6 on the gas-sucking Armada. Gas prices were a primary driver in my getting rid of the Armada, and so far the Murano is performing well.

Suggested Improvements

Parking sensors (Armada had them, can't believe this car does not); Maybe just a "touch" more range on moving the seat back. I can certainly live with what's there (or wouldn't have bought the vehicle), but an extra 1/2" would have been perfect for someone of my height.

Better Than Expected
By such

2011 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased an AWD LE with all the opt'ns. We are a family of 4; 2 girls 5'8", 1 girl at 5' & 1 male at 6'2". We have a Sequoia 3 row in addition to the Murano. The Murano is so easy to maneuver at malls & parallel parking. The auto lift gate is very easy to access, especially when hands are full. Highway driving is very NICE even w 20" wheels. It has a very smooth ride, don't feel the highway but it's also not too "soft" of a ride. My mom has the '04 & there are so many impvts in both quality of ride & fit & finish of interior components. The space is great 99% of the time. No prob for people space on trips but I'm getting cargo box for luggage with all 4 of us (my girls do pack a lot)

Favorite Features

Seats & Access to car: seats "butt high" make easy in/out. Great leg support when driving. Driving; VERY comfortable ride even with lower profile tires. Rides better than my Lexus 300 or Toyota Sequoia. DVD players in head rests for kids. Can watch same movie or different &/or can listen to music (so I don't have to). Bluetooth; can access music on ipod or cell phone w/great clarity. Navi; Easy to see; HOWEVER, system is not up to date.

Suggested Improvements

NAVIGATION: Get the system updated. there are locations that were built in '08 that still don't show on my '11. Note that there are some but get a more recent download of the map! Center Console; Liked the pocket next to the shifter on the driver's side better in '07 models, now it's on the passenger's side.

2011 Murano SL vs. 2009 Murano LE
By stradivarius

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2009 Murano LE September 2008 and recently traded for 2011 SL @ 74K miles. The '09 was my first Nissan and I really liked it so I opted for another. The SL now has the power lift gate and memory seats which are important to me so I did not need LE. For the most part the vehicles are very similar. The '11 seems to ride and handle better with 18"wheels vs. 20". I also seem to be getting better gas mileage which should improve when broken in. Biggest gripe is voice recognition of bluetooth is horrible vs. '09. Also I can't believe that Nissan did away with cd changer on $39K vehicle which I did not catch before buying. As far as headlights not being xenon, I can't tell difference.

Favorite Features

Heated steering wheel, great handling, incredibly smooth, fun to drive, new front grill and rear lights, non orange lighting on guages, excellent sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Voice recognition on bluetooth is awful, eliminating cd changer is totally bogus, improve gas mileage, need to update color choices beyond the new blue color