2010 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Murano is marvelous

2010 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Review

Murano is marvelous
By MerlieMan on

2010 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned an Acura MDX which cost about $5,000 more than my well appointed Murano and must say the Murano is more impressive. I test drove many nameplates in the Murano class with the same result: The rest failed to measure up to Murano's standards in terms of overall quality, features, looks and performance. The Murano is not a cheap car by any means but it is the standard for others to be judged by and by my experiences the others are in need of playing catchup.

The styling, fit and finish, high tech features, CVT Xmission is silky smooth, power and overall 'feel' of the unit. The seats on my SL are leather and as comfy as any found in the giant SUVs out there. The unique sunroof mechanism for open/close is too cool for school.

Make AWD standard because, with the CVT mileage won't be compromised but increased traction and handling will. Subaru learned this lesson before to good effect and it might be something for the troops at Nissan to look into. I have FWD on my Murano but wish it had AWD. No big deal but still...