7,000 Mile Update
By Idaho Opinion on
2010 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Now that we've put on a few more miles an updated review seems in order. We drove on 2 winding, steep mountain roads in the Hell's Canyon area of Idaho, and were so pleased with how little effort it took for the Murano to negotiate those roads. Going down I used low gear or the over-drive button on the side of the shifting lever, so that hardly any braking was needed. Going up I left it in "over-drive off" and the vehicle seemed to just glide around and up those steep corners and hills. With the Murano's ease of steering I could keep one hand on the wheel and one on the shifing lever. This is all coupled with an incredibly smooth ride, so that driving those roads was simply a joy to behold.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage is improving. Got 23.5 mpg on our last trip to Canada. The Over- drive button is becoming something I really like, after first thinking it was useless. I cannot believe how smooth and quiet the ride is. Power to pass is always there when you need it, but only use what you need to up mpg's
Suggested Improvements
Implement some way to prevent pulling the shifting lever into low gear when you don't want to go there. I manufactured a device that fits down into the low gear region so that shifting into low is now impossible, and when I come to a road where low- gear is needed the device is easily removable.