Used 2010 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

7,000 Mile Update
By Idaho Opinion

2010 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Now that we've put on a few more miles an updated review seems in order. We drove on 2 winding, steep mountain roads in the Hell's Canyon area of Idaho, and were so pleased with how little effort it took for the Murano to negotiate those roads. Going down I used low gear or the over-drive button on the side of the shifting lever, so that hardly any braking was needed. Going up I left it in "over-drive off" and the vehicle seemed to just glide around and up those steep corners and hills. With the Murano's ease of steering I could keep one hand on the wheel and one on the shifing lever. This is all coupled with an incredibly smooth ride, so that driving those roads was simply a joy to behold.

Gas mileage is improving. Got 23.5 mpg on our last trip to Canada. The Over- drive button is becoming something I really like, after first thinking it was useless. I cannot believe how smooth and quiet the ride is. Power to pass is always there when you need it, but only use what you need to up mpg's

Implement some way to prevent pulling the shifting lever into low gear when you don't want to go there. I manufactured a device that fits down into the low gear region so that shifting into low is now impossible, and when I come to a road where low- gear is needed the device is easily removable.

Didn't go wrong this time!
By Great Ride

2010 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded 2008 GMC Acadia for a 2010 Murano SL. The Acadia was larger and I miss not having the bumper sensors and Onstar, but something has to be said about reliability. We are so pleased with our Murano. Gas mileage is anywhere between 19-26 mpg and this has just been a joy to own and drive. You can't go wrong with a Murano.

Reclining rear seats, navigation, Bluetooth for phone, rear camera, Bose sound system with hard drive for music, intelligent key. The look is great, and reliability excellent.

Rear camera sensors, Onstar,daytime running lamps, and more adjustability with seats. I wish the drivers seat tilted slightly downward at the front. Also wish I could charge my cell phone when ignition is off. Better carpet quality.

Good car BUT Wind Noise!!
By 1MuranoOwner

2010 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Excitement of the new car purchase did not last long. Our AWD SL 360 package came with in built wind noise. The dealership insisted that the wind noise is not an issue and they branded it as normal operation. But for 35K car I expect it not be noisy on a long drive.We do a lot of long drives and listening to music on a windy day is frustrating. Driving this car is fun if you don't cross 60 mi/hr. Love the Bose Music system.

Love the dual panel moon roof,Blue tooth Handsfree,IPOD integration.

Work on the wind noise. It's annoying.

Update at 19k from 4/20/10
By drive a lot

2010 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Update from 4/20/10. Have read all of the reviews of this vehicle and they overwhelming positive. The "negatives" I feel are minor, especially the wind noise of the moon roof, open the front windows a crack and it helps a lot. I sometimes drive 450 miles in a day and I have never had more comfortable seats. I've owned SRX, Audi, Subaru, Mitsubishi and a Maxima over the last 10 years. No car is perfect and I was able to get a heck of a deal on mine. The only thing is that the day after I bought it, 3/31 at 9:30 pm the next day went to 0%. I was a bit annoyed at that, felt dealership should have been honest, said they didn't know, but I think they do know.

Absolutely a blast to drive on long trips and handles adequately around turns. Will handle better when I replace the OEM tires which I don't like at all. Everything just works, has not been back once for any thing other than routine service.

Like I said before: Radio only has 12 presets for Sat radio, outside temp should be on all the time, signal stalk should be tapped for lane change.

Too cool for school!
By David

2010 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently switched from an Xterra to the Murano, and although I am still getting used to the change in platform-truck to car platform, I am very pleased. The Murano is an excellent ride, smooth, great pickup and really brings a bit of sporty fun to driving. Not for trucking through the woods, but the LE is well trimmed, leather is comfortable, stereo is excellent. I love driving it.

Powerful and smooth ride, sharp cornering and braking. Excellent finish on the inside, controls easy to use, good interior quality.

Coming from the lumbering Xterra, I could ask for better gas mileage. Rear visibility could be better, but the rear camera is useful. A little cramped and a little short on cargo room.