2010 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Good car BUT Wind Noise!!
By 1MuranoOwner on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Excitement of the new car purchase did not last long. Our AWD SL 360 package came with in built wind noise. The dealership insisted that the wind noise is not an issue and they branded it as normal operation. But for 35K car I expect it not be noisy on a long drive.We do a lot of long drives and listening to music on a windy day is frustrating. Driving this car is fun if you don't cross 60 mi/hr. Love the Bose Music system.

Update at 19k from 4/20/10
By drive a lot on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Update from 4/20/10. Have read all of the reviews of this vehicle and they overwhelming positive. The "negatives" I feel are minor, especially the wind noise of the moon roof, open the front windows a crack and it helps a lot. I sometimes drive 450 miles in a day and I have never had more comfortable seats. I've owned SRX, Audi, Subaru, Mitsubishi and a Maxima over the last 10 years. No car is perfect and I was able to get a heck of a deal on mine. The only thing is that the day after I bought it, 3/31 at 9:30 pm the next day went to 0%. I was a bit annoyed at that, felt dealership should have been honest, said they didn't know, but I think they do know.

Too cool for school!
By David on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently switched from an Xterra to the Murano, and although I am still getting used to the change in platform-truck to car platform, I am very pleased. The Murano is an excellent ride, smooth, great pickup and really brings a bit of sporty fun to driving. Not for trucking through the woods, but the LE is well trimmed, leather is comfortable, stereo is excellent. I love driving it.

Defecitve Throttle
By Defective Throttle on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano had less than 5 miles when purchased. 6 months later, A/C went out. Diagnosis:Defective Hose. 8 months later, throttle accelerates on its own, which prevented me from braking. Luckily, I was able to kill the engine. Diagnosis:Defective Throttle. Car was towed to Baker Nissan. They suggested I call the dealership I purchased vehicle from. Said "If they care, they will buy it back". Called Sterling McCall, they said there was nothing they could do & directed me to Nissan Corp. Even after the Toyota issues,they said it has been fixed & denied the request for a buy back. Instead, they offered me a service program to make me feel better.

Great SUV
By D Scher on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Murano & our 39th new vehicle. liked the newer body style so bought. It's a fun to drive nice looking sporty crossover & very quite. Not as luxurious a ride as the wife's Lexus RX350H but just as quite. I like to feel the road not float over it so the Murano is great in that respect. Great handling & gas mileage true to it's rating. Had no troubles with my first Murano after 2 years & 18K miles so expect none with this one though I'll probably will be looking for new in a couple years as have throughout my spoiler life.

Bad Seats
By Smooth on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Seats are very uncomfortable and do not have enough adjustments. Rear cargo area is cheap, piece of carpeted plywood covers the spare tire. Used AWD last night for the first time, it stayed engaged even at 40/45 mph, the manual says it cuts off after driving past 6 mph. I may not entirely understand the AWD feature. Rear seats recline, very nice feature for rear passengers. Very smooth car like ride. Overall a nice vehicle but the seats are a real drawback, my 2001 Pathfinder seats were much more comfortable.

Anyone own a S Model?
By Anyone own a new S? on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just purchased a murano 2010 an S model. It's been 2 months but I enjoy my car and feel good driving it, always liked the Nissan.

Fun to drive
By lou on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

so far enjoying this crossover. just wish the gas mileage was a little better. also the le comes standard with 20" tires. would rather have had the 19" tires that come on the other models. the tire life is short and this tire is very expensive to replace. the gps is excellent and easy to operate. the car is expensive looking without the price. i am hoping it handles as well during the winter as it does during the summer. i have never had all wheel drive, but will probably give it a good test this winter

By RUBEN HERNANDEZ on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I drove many popular luxury vehicles and this car finished number one on my list. Great choice among any luxury vehicle.

Do not buy one with a sunroof
By wolfman on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Murano two months ago. It drives well. The salesman took me around the block at around 40-45 miles per hour. After the purchase i drove it home using the highway. The wind noise is absolutely intolerable. i took it back to my dealership and the service rep says its common in all Muranos with a sunroof and Nissan does not consider it a defect. Well please excuse me for so being annoyed for paying over 30K for a car and expecting excellence. The Nissan USA rep basically overwhelmed me with her kindness and all but told me to fly a Kite. Shame on you Nissan for selling me a substandard car. I will never buy Nissan and will pass the same advice to my close friends and relatives.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Murano Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*