Used 2010 Nissan Murano SL SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Buyer Beware
By sgtrock62

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This was my wife's car. We both absolutely loved it. One morning at o dark thirty, my wife was on the way to work with our grandson in the car to drop him off at daycare. The car started slowing down to the point that it wouldn't go any further. My wife and grandson were stranded on a dark highway with no street lights. Bottom line, at 40'000 miles the transmission went out. The car has been at the dealership for over a week now. They are waiting on a new transmission to come in. It projected to to be ready next week. I'll believe that when I see it. In the mean time, I'm stuck paying $200 a week for a rental car. Nissan won't pay the rental car even though it's a warranty service issue.

Do your research. There are numerous issues out there with the Nissan CVT transmissions. I wished I would have knew this before I bought the car.

Great Vehicle, But
By Kerry Klinefelter

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for about 3 months now and I really like it. My SL is fully loaded. I got every option available. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a sharp looking, great performing crossover.

It performs above my expectations and rides like a dream. The sound and navigation systems are really outstanding.

1) Gas mileage. Gets better mileage with air conditioning turned on. 2) Outside temp., reading would be better on the rear view mirror so the passenger can read as well as the driver. 3) Fully illuminated buttons under the rear view mirror. I have to turn on courtesy light to see the homelink button.

Defecitve Throttle
By Defective Throttle

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano had less than 5 miles when purchased. 6 months later, A/C went out. Diagnosis:Defective Hose. 8 months later, throttle accelerates on its own, which prevented me from braking. Luckily, I was able to kill the engine. Diagnosis:Defective Throttle. Car was towed to Baker Nissan. They suggested I call the dealership I purchased vehicle from. Said "If they care, they will buy it back". Called Sterling McCall, they said there was nothing they could do & directed me to Nissan Corp. Even after the Toyota issues,they said it has been fixed & denied the request for a buy back. Instead, they offered me a service program to make me feel better.

Do not buy one with a sunroof
By wolfman

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Murano two months ago. It drives well. The salesman took me around the block at around 40-45 miles per hour. After the purchase i drove it home using the highway. The wind noise is absolutely intolerable. i took it back to my dealership and the service rep says its common in all Muranos with a sunroof and Nissan does not consider it a defect. Well please excuse me for so being annoyed for paying over 30K for a car and expecting excellence. The Nissan USA rep basically overwhelmed me with her kindness and all but told me to fly a Kite. Shame on you Nissan for selling me a substandard car. I will never buy Nissan and will pass the same advice to my close friends and relatives.

Handling interior exterior

Until you can fix the sunroof to not make so much noise when you drive at speeds 55+ do not sell it with a sunroof

Murano is marvelous
By MerlieMan

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned an Acura MDX which cost about $5,000 more than my well appointed Murano and must say the Murano is more impressive. I test drove many nameplates in the Murano class with the same result: The rest failed to measure up to Murano's standards in terms of overall quality, features, looks and performance. The Murano is not a cheap car by any means but it is the standard for others to be judged by and by my experiences the others are in need of playing catchup.

The styling, fit and finish, high tech features, CVT Xmission is silky smooth, power and overall 'feel' of the unit. The seats on my SL are leather and as comfy as any found in the giant SUVs out there. The unique sunroof mechanism for open/close is too cool for school.

Make AWD standard because, with the CVT mileage won't be compromised but increased traction and handling will. Subaru learned this lesson before to good effect and it might be something for the troops at Nissan to look into. I have FWD on my Murano but wish it had AWD. No big deal but still...