2010 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Transfer case problem
By mudder4 on 05/06/12 15:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my Murano 19 mo. and have enjoyed the style, handling and fair gas mpg so far, avg. 23 mpg overall. Last mo. noticed oil seeping from the transfer case, took it to the dealer thinking oil seals needed replaced and was told the complete transfer case would be changed. Four days later it was fixed, (free rental car was given), and everything seems fine now. After reading many stories online about transfer case and cvt trans. problems involving earlier years I'm a little concerned that they may not have been rectified.

45,000 Update
By billiebad on 04/10/12 11:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Still very happy with the vehicle. No repairs just normal maintainence through 45,000 miles. Tires will need a refresh at 50,000. Leather looks brand new. Love the wide cargo area in the back - great for golf clubs. Fun to drive for an SUV. CVT will remain a worry until the newer models show they hold together than the 07 and earlier models.

Buyer Beware
By sgtrock62 on 10/22/11 06:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This was my wife's car. We both absolutely loved it. One morning at o dark thirty, my wife was on the way to work with our grandson in the car to drop him off at daycare. The car started slowing down to the point that it wouldn't go any further. My wife and grandson were stranded on a dark highway with no street lights. Bottom line, at 40'000 miles the transmission went out. The car has been at the dealership for over a week now. They are waiting on a new transmission to come in. It projected to to be ready next week. I'll believe that when I see it. In the mean time, I'm stuck paying $200 a week for a rental car. Nissan won't pay the rental car even though it's a warranty service issue.

Absolutely love this vehicle!
By avmnsww on 01/25/11 19:33 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After many weeks of research & test drives, I purchased a 2010 Murano SL with leather, moonroof, bluetooth, ipod, upgraded Bose stereo, Homelink, backup camera. I researched and drove: Honda CRV, Subaru Outback; Subaru Forester; Volvo XC60; Volvo XC90; VW Tiguan, Kia Sorento and (but didn't drive) Audi Q5, Rav4, so a very broad spectrum. The is by far the best value: more luxurious than Subaru, Honda, Rav4 and Kia; more for the money than Volvo and Audi; more space than a Tiguan; same or more power than most; same or better mpg than most. Nissan reliability (vs. Audi, Kia & VW). I love this vehicle and highly recommend it!

Awesome just about covers it
By bkitti on 01/06/11 06:38 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle at the end of 2010 and was torn between the '10 or '11. Because of the incentives that were being offered on the '10 I was able to get a loaded '10 vs '11 for even less money. I was deciding between the new Ford Edge and this one and glad I picked the Murano. It is a GREAT vehicle and the more I drive it the more I love it. I have never had a Nissan and I am really impressed with it and the way it was put together. It def. has the power and performance for a SUV, and doesn't feel like I am driving a boat. I have only put about 100 miles on it so far, so time will tell.

Excellent Vehicle
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have just turned in my 2007 Murano for a new 2010 Murano. I am expecting baby #2 and have found for the space the vehicle is perfect. It runs great, has beautiful design inside and out and is a safe vehicle for my family. I have shopped around and for my budget its the best vehicle hands down.

Great Vehicle, But
By Kerry Klinefelter on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for about 3 months now and I really like it. My SL is fully loaded. I got every option available. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a sharp looking, great performing crossover.

Six months in, all good
By Mark on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm not usually one to write reviews, but Edmunds was very helpful as I purchased the Murano so I felt obliged to return the favor. I’ve purchased maybe half a dozen cars in my life and my Murano is by far my favorite. It’s very fun to drive, especially coming from a trucky SUV. The interior is very well thought out, with everything seemingly where you’d expect it to be. And I’ve yet to walk up to it and not like how the exterior looks. It’s really nice to have no regrets about such a significant purchase. I’d definitely recommend Nissan and the Murano.

Didn't go wrong this time!
By Great Ride on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded 2008 GMC Acadia for a 2010 Murano SL. The Acadia was larger and I miss not having the bumper sensors and Onstar, but something has to be said about reliability. We are so pleased with our Murano. Gas mileage is anywhere between 19-26 mpg and this has just been a joy to own and drive. You can't go wrong with a Murano.

7,000 Mile Update
By Idaho Opinion on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Now that we've put on a few more miles an updated review seems in order. We drove on 2 winding, steep mountain roads in the Hell's Canyon area of Idaho, and were so pleased with how little effort it took for the Murano to negotiate those roads. Going down I used low gear or the over-drive button on the side of the shifting lever, so that hardly any braking was needed. Going up I left it in "over-drive off" and the vehicle seemed to just glide around and up those steep corners and hills. With the Murano's ease of steering I could keep one hand on the wheel and one on the shifing lever. This is all coupled with an incredibly smooth ride, so that driving those roads was simply a joy to behold.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Murano Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*