2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: mistake

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

2009 Nissan Murano

S 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

mistake
By S AWD on

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Several features we like but the bouncy ride is very bad. Didn't drive enough prior to purchasing as certified used with 39m. CVT transmission is great as is the powerful 3.6l engine. The awd is good as is the dash controls. But again the ride is awful actually at highway speeds 65 to 70 can be dangerous when over bumps dut to bounce to right. If in left hand curve with bumps watchout! A definite don't buy ride is important.

power, awd, accessibility of dash controls, exterior style, interior room, mpg ok good on hwy but bad in town.

shocks to improve safety over bumps and ridge. purchase rearveiw camera dut to poor visibility rear side.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By oldmrt
on 03/29/12 00:56 AM (PDT)

I bought my 2009 Murano LE in 2008 brand new and with all of the bells and whistles. IN the early stages I loved the vehicle. It was without problems except for the steering wheel. The power telescopic failed to work and the gear had to be replaced. At 70,000 miles the real problems started. The sunroof stalls out when running to open. the gasket between the transaxle and the transfer case started to leak and the transfer case was replaced. Boy was that expensive. The head gaskets also leaked and had to be replaced along with the engine mounts that were defective. The transfer case leak was repairs at 50,000 miles and now again at 70,000. The rattle in the dash developed on year two and comes and goes. It never happens when the dealer technician goes out for a test run. Would I buy another Murano. Not sure. Waiting to see what Nissan will do for me after this latest bill of $4,500. This is not my first NISSAN product. I've had 3 Infiniti models, (the J30 [which I still have], The I30t and the QX4 SUV. Those three vehicles were great. Almost problem free. The Murano ride on a long trip is fantastic. The exterior design and interior features are excellent. I guess my only complaint is the AWD problems and the gaskets that leak. NISSAN has to be honest with their customers when that have product defects. Fix them and don't act like this is the first vehicle with these problems. I've sung the praises of my Infiniti vehicles to other car owners and several of my friends and business clients have bought based on my comments. I still have my J30 and will keep it for many years to come. It's 20 years old and is now considered a Classic.